#923134 by Shaz72
27 Jun 2016, 11:29
Hi all

In just under 3 weeks we will be travelling on the BA838 from LHR to Dublin before our next day flight back to LHR for our ex-Eu flight

This flight has been cancelled twice in the last month and mostly running between 1-2 hours late.

Just really worried about getting to Dublin now and the prices to book another flight is £200 + each

I have been tracking our flights for the last month to the point of OCD.

Sorry for been long winded, how can I tell where this flight originally came from before being the Ba838. I'm trying to find a pattern to see why it's always late

Any help or tell me to stop panicking will do me a world of good

Sharon
#923135 by gumshoe
27 Jun 2016, 12:35
BA short haul flights are, sadly, very often late - and it tends to get worse later in the day as delays build up. Weather & ATC delays being the most common reasons.

Unfortunately there seems to be no discernible pattern to where the aircraft that operates the BA838 has just come from but even if there was it wouldn't necessarily help as half the time a late departure is due to the crew being delayed, not the plane.

My advice is stop tracking the flight - it will only add to your stress and past performance has no influence on what'll happen on the day you fly. What will be will be - it's out of your control.

And I honestly think you're worrying unnecessarily - if you only had a 90 minute connection in DUB I'd be concerned but by stopping overnight it sounds like you've built in plenty of contingency time and if your BA838 IS cancelled there's one later flight to DUB on BA and three on Aer Lingus with whom they codeshare so you should be rebooked on to one of those and still be fine.
#923149 by Vegascrazy
27 Jun 2016, 21:28
Just go to https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba838 and you can see which aircraft is allocated to your flight 2-3 days in advance.
For example tomorrow's aircraft will be G-EUPO. It'll do a rotation to Newcastle & back then to Zurich. There's an hour and five minutes between it arriving from Zurich and departing for Dublin. There's no pattern, today's aircraft did a rotation to Hamburg before operating the 838 and got back from Hamburg 20 minutes early. I see tonight the 838 was bang on time :) Have a great trip!