#939004 by gilly
10 Oct 2017, 22:35
Had a text from BA tonight, conveniently just as they closed so we couldn't speak to them(!!!!)to say the HKG - BKI leg of our First Class flight to Kota Kinabalu in January has been cancelled. Manage my Booking is conveniently locked!

Looking at Check My Trip we have been rerouted from HKG to BKI via KUL the following day, now meaning three days of travelling for us, as we need to travel to LHR the day before departure. And a day less at our resort. We don't want three days of travel, because of back problems, so what are our options?
#939005 by tontybear
10 Oct 2017, 23:17
You need to have a look at what other flight options are available - and that are acceptable to you - and then put them to BA.

This might be tricky as I assume the flight that has been cancelled is not BA operated so to a degree they may be constrained on what alternatives they can offer.

You are under no abligation to accept what BA have offered but equally they aren't obligated to just accept any thing proposal.

Rather than the HKG-KUL-BKI they have offerd is a BA flight to KULr ather than HKG and thence to BKI an option? That may also cut down on your travel time but may not work for other reasons.
#939006 by gumshoe
11 Oct 2017, 04:53
I agree with tonty - there are frequent flights to BKI from KUL on Malaysia Airlines so switching to the direct BA flight from LHR to KUL would allow a same day arrival.

So prepare your ideal itinerary (and a back-up), call BA and ask them to rebook you. They're unlikely to turn down a reasonable request assuming there are seats available.
#939007 by gilly
11 Oct 2017, 05:55
Thank you. Yes the cancelled flight was with Cathay Dragon, as is the one they have scheduled us on to KUL. I will check what's available and get in the telephone first thing.
#939067 by gilly
13 Oct 2017, 10:11
Ok, so the flights weren't to our liking and an issue arose with the hotel as well, so we cancelled.

Looking at something else now; can anyone tell me Emirates or Etihad First to SIN? I like the look of both, so which?
#939069 by marshy11
13 Oct 2017, 10:38
A good three way comparison by Rob at Headforpoints.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/06/10 ... es-etihad/

The links to the Emirates and Etihad are in his first part.
#939077 by marshy11
13 Oct 2017, 18:08
Do let us know how it all goes!
Virgin Atlantic