#16131 by JAT74L
08 Nov 2006, 00:52
Well, what a day.

Having delivered some rolling stock to its new owner First Great Western in Exeter yesterday I had a night in the HIX and was due to fly back to GLA with flyBE today. It was not to be due to fog in the west so I hopped aboard a train to Paddington then back to LHR on the HeX.

My boss told me he'd booked me in "Premium Economy" on the 1405 bmi to Edinburgh for the princely sum of £191 and seemed to be suggesting I be grateful for it. I thanked him profusely but suggested he speaks to me before being so "benevolent" as a restricted business fare is exactly the same!

Now, why do bmi call this ticket "premium" economy? It is a fully flexible (Y) economy ticket and nothing more. You don't even get water in economy on bmi any more without paying £1.50 per bottle for it. [V]

Punctual flight though and it certainly beats 7 hours on a Virgin Voyager (but perhaps not at the price).

Regards

John
#147859 by willd
16 Nov 2006, 12:35
nice to see you were down in my neck of the woods in Exeter and that I am not the only one who gets done over by the fog!!!
#148618 by JAT74L
21 Nov 2006, 18:57
Well well,

That certainly wasn't pointed out to me when I checked in. Strange thing is though, I got 1200 miles AND a tier point added to my FC account as it shows "business" class LHR-EDI!!

Regards

John
#148669 by slinky09
21 Nov 2006, 23:29
Originally posted by The_Banking_Scot
Hi,

According to ;
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/fr ... es/bmi.jsp

A " Y " fare actually falls into the Business class fare! ( do not know where the S Premium Economy fare falls in)

Regards

TBS

I think just the same in terms of TPs and miles! i.e. pay more and get some food and drink but no more ...
Virgin Atlantic