#17392 by Scorpio
22 Jan 2007, 14:10
I upgraded my BMI ticket this morning to Business Restricted (more VA points![}:)]) and was told that it had been done.Now i normally dont have much luck with India centres But (Big But.....)

1. I have since logged in and there is no change to my ticket

2.No monies have been debited from my debit card

3.Despite me asking them politely to email me the new e-tix this still hasnt been done.

Anyone had any experiences with FLYBMI?

I have called them twice so far this afternoon but now cant get put through to the girl i spoke to (she did give me an ext no) and they keep cutting me off[:(!]

Any help or suggestions would be grateful[oo]
#156368 by mitchja
23 Jan 2007, 00:04
Have a look at your booking using checkmytrip.com. You just need your BMI booking ref and your surname.

This lets you see more of your booking including ticket numbers/cabin class/misc info etc etc and will show any changes made to the booking almost instantly.

Did you make the booking changes online? I know when I've gone in and changed my FF# on the BMI website, the changes come through to checkmy trip straight away.

Regards
#156396 by Scorpio
23 Jan 2007, 10:01
Hi James,

Thank you for that link that was really helpful.

After checking it it does say Business but still no payment taken from my debit card.

Faxed BMI Reservations last night so awaiting a reply, hopefully today.
#156705 by Howard Long
24 Jan 2007, 17:34
Originally posted by motherger
After checking it it does say Business but still no payment taken from my debit card.

Faxed BMI Reservations last night so awaiting a reply, hopefully today.

I have done this many times over the years, as recently as last Thursday. I have always had to attend the ticket desk to re-issue the ticket, and more recently to make payment itself even if it's an e-ticket (since the India call centre opened - coincidental or not I don't know).

I've never had the need to upgrade a ticket that was originally booked online, but I believe the option to upgrade online is available if you did originally book over the web.

(In my case this might be because the tickets I usually have are issued by my customers' travel agents and not directly thru BMI. YMMV.)

Howard
#156751 by Scorpio
24 Jan 2007, 20:51
Hi Howard!

The ticket has been changed but BMI still have not debited my card.

Should i go to the checkin as on my e-ticket it says Business Restricted or shalli go to the tix desk and tell them that"actually no monies has been debited from my account"?
#156752 by Neil
24 Jan 2007, 20:57
Card transactions can take months to appear/be debited from your account. I stayed in a hotel in London on the 24th June last year and the money was only debited from my account on the 11th January and also we bought some champagne at the cricket at Lords last summer that has only just appeared on my last CC statement.

As long as you have the correct changed ticket I would just check in as normal and wait for the money to be taken at some point, I am sure they won't forget.

Neil
#156755 by Scorpio
24 Jan 2007, 21:28
Thanks for your advice Neil!
#156790 by Howard Long
25 Jan 2007, 01:51
Originally posted by motherger
Hi Howard!

The ticket has been changed but BMI still have not debited my card.

Should i go to the checkin as on my e-ticket it says Business Restricted or shalli go to the tix desk and tell them that"actually no monies has been debited from my account"?

I guess if, when you do OLCI, the ticket is C then all's hunky dory.

As I mentioned, all my TA issued tickets need me to attend the ticket office in person to change. I noticed it's gone up to £20 from £10 each way now to upgrade a Full Y to C. How will I ever manage?

Howard
Virgin Atlantic