#17461 by jerseyboy
25 Jan 2007, 15:24
It was announced today that BMI would take up the LHR-JSY route later this year. The route was dropped by B/A in 2000 much to the dismay and disappointment of us Jersey folk. This meant for over 6 years we have been stuck with Gatwick flights and have to do taxi transfers to LHR as the misses and I just don’t do Busses. Often our trip would also involve an overnight stay at a LHR airport Hotel due to flight times and the fear factor that is better know as the worlds biggest car park. (M25 that is).

On an average flight that we make from LHR we would normally incur additional costs as set out below.

Taxi from LGW to LHR £80 + £10tip = £90.00
Airport Hotel at LHR = £170.00 Approx per night
Dinner + wine = £100.00 Approx for 2 adults
Taxi from Renaissance to Airport = £20.00 Disgusting Price [V]
Porter assistance with luggage = £10.00
Return Journey Taxi LHR to LGW = £90.00

Total extra costs of £480.00 Just to fly from LHR

So I guess it is easy to see how happy I am with BMI I could kiss sir M Bishop[:X], [:$] maybe not :D.

I assume that the slots to be used for the route are from the freeing up of the LHR-CDG flights, which were pulled earlier this month.

The flights will commence in March this year and will consist of two return flights daily. Hopefully the route will developed to three or more flights daily as the times on the new schedule are not that great for leisure travellers.

But thumbs up to BMI from their newest Frequent Flyer.[y]
#156878 by DMetters-Bone
25 Jan 2007, 15:53
God I didn't realise how expensive going in to LGW is for you, I am please BMI have started the LHR route! [y]

Dominic
#156883 by Speedbird223
25 Jan 2007, 17:10
Very useful! My brother lives on Jersey and I usually end up flying into LHR, then going to LGW.

Will bmi offer business and economy on this route? When I've flown with BA during the week I've had anything up to 55 people in Club Europe!
#156884 by jerseyboy
25 Jan 2007, 17:22
Originally posted by Speedbird223
Very useful! My brother lives on Jersey and I usually end up flying into LHR, then going to LGW.

Will bmi offer business and economy on this route? When I've flown with BA during the week I've had anything up to 55 people in Club Europe!

I donÕt know what seats they will offer but as you mention there is a very high percentage of business class travel to and from Jersey. I am hoping for business seats as we often fly JER-LGW in Club with B/A but with such a short flight I donÕt mind suffering econ cabin every now and again :D.

Cheers Wayne
#156885 by jerseyboy
25 Jan 2007, 17:28
Originally posted by DMetters-Bone
God I didn't realise how expensive going in to LGW is for you, I am please BMI have started the LHR route! [y]

Dominic

Hi Dominic
Yes it is very expensive. You can do it cheaper if you catch a bus from LGW to LHR and stay in a cheep inconvenient hotel that is not near the airport. But I donÕt do cheep and busses especially [}:)] I am very pleased with B.M.I they are a godsend to the island.

Thanks Wayne
#156892 by DMetters-Bone
25 Jan 2007, 17:49
Originally posted by jerseyboy
[quote

Hi Dominic
Yes it is very expensive. You can do it cheaper if you catch a bus from LGW to LHR and stay in a cheep inconvenient hotel that is not near the airport. But I donÕt do cheap and busses especially [}:)] I am very pleased with B.M.I they are a godsend to the island.

Thanks Wayne
[/quote]

A man after my own heart, I do not do buses or cheap! I thought I was the only one! Fingers crossed they do a nice Business Class cabin!
#156899 by jerseyboy
25 Jan 2007, 18:38
[/quote]

A man after my own heart, I do not do buses or cheap! I thought I was the only one! Fingers crossed they do a nice Business Class cabin!
[/quote]

Lets hope so; I donÕt do Easy-Jet or Ryan-Air either. I am such a [^]TRAVEL SNOB[^] and proud of it. I am sure there are many more of us out there somewhere
#156906 by Juliet
25 Jan 2007, 19:25
if you must travel, why go cattle class??? students see as much of the world for as little as possible to rack up experience. once you finish that, you are allowed a little taste annd discression. (whether that is Good taste or Bad taste is entirely subjective.....);)
#157190 by Nottingham Nick
26 Jan 2007, 23:47
For info - these are the planned flight times (from FT)

BD562 LHR-JER 07:10-08:10
BD563 JER-LHR 08:45-09:45

BD564 LHR-JER 18:40-19:40
BD565 JER-LHR 20:35-21:35

Flights will be daily.

Nick
#164993 by mike-smashing
26 Mar 2007, 02:16
According to http://www.flybmi.com there is a J cabin on LHR-Jersey flights - though it will be "comedy euro-J" with the middle seat blocked.

"Complimentary food and drinks are available to customers travelling in the business cabin on regional services and flights from London Heathrow to Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Brussels and Jersey."

Mike
#165413 by mike-smashing
30 Mar 2007, 08:10
Talking to my friend who is First Officer on the Embraer for BMI, these LHR-JER flights are usually being operated with Embraer 135/145 aircraft, at least for the summer - so 1+2 config in all cabins.

Mike
#165449 by jerseyboy
30 Mar 2007, 15:34
Originally posted by mike-smashing
Talking to my friend who is First Officer on the Embraer for BMI, these LHR-JER flights are usually being operated with Embraer 135/145 aircraft, at least for the summer - so 1+2 config in all cabins.

Mike

According to BMI press releases in Jersey the followin aircraft will be used Airbus A319 MontoSat and Embraer on Sunday.
Virgin Atlantic