#18515 by mitchja
27 Mar 2007, 09:43
Anyone else just received an email today stating that BMI are asking for extra APD?

Unlike onther airlines though, it seems BMI are (to apparently save you time) just taking this extra APD automatically from the card you originally used to make the booking [:0]

As you have booked to travel on or after 01 February 2007 and your ticket was issued before 12 December 2006, we are contacting you to advise that regrettably we need to collect the additional tax from you. This tax will be debited from the card that was provided at the time of booking which will save you time, as you will not have to make the payment yourself.

The slightly worrying thing is that I've just received 2 seperate emails about this, both with the same PNR [:?]

It's only an extra £5.00 for me as this is a one way domestic flight. For a return domestic flight, it's an extra £10.00 [:(!]

Regards
#165060 by preiffer
27 Mar 2007, 09:46
Same procedure as RyanAir then James.

Either airline, it STINKS [n]
#165064 by Neil
27 Mar 2007, 11:12
Are they allowed to do it? by law? I thought that they had to have the cardholders authorisation to take a payment[?]
#165066 by honey lamb
27 Mar 2007, 11:43
Originally posted by Attitude23
Are they allowed to do it? by law? I thought that they had to had the cardholders autorisation to take a payment[?]

Yes they are, just as in the same way that an hotel can place extra charges you have incurred which have not been available on check-out. They have notified you of their intention to do so by email
#165069 by Scorpio
27 Mar 2007, 11:57
Hi James,

The airlines knew about this tax a few months back and i am wondering how / why it has taken BMI so long to send out emails requesting extra payment for bookings?
#165072 by Neil
27 Mar 2007, 12:15
Originally posted by honey lamb
Originally posted by Attitude23
Are they allowed to do it? by law? I thought that they had to had the cardholders autorisation to take a payment[?]

Yes they are, just as in the same way that an hotel can place extra charges you have incurred which have not been available on check-out. They have notified you of their intention to do so by email

Wow, I didn't realise that, must say that it seems a very underhand way of doing things[n]
#165075 by mitchja
27 Mar 2007, 12:37
Originally posted by motherger
Hi James,

The airlines knew about this tax a few months back and i am wondering how / why it has taken BMI so long to send out emails requesting extra payment for bookings?

No idea Ger [:?]

I booked the flight in question online back in September 2006, it's for my flight from LHR>MAN on April 10th. All flights booked online since early 2007 now include the extra APD.

I must admit, it did cross my mind, that I would probably have to pay the extra APD but I'd forgotten about it to be honest.

It's also a BD DC reward flight. They must have a back log.

Regards
#165077 by honey lamb
27 Mar 2007, 12:40
Originally posted by mitchja
Originally posted by motherger
Hi James,

No idea Ger [:?]

I booked the flight in question online back in September 2006, it's for my flight from LHR>MAN on April 10th. All flights booked online since early 2007 now include the extra APD.

I must admit, it did cross my mind, that I would probably have to pay the extra APD but I'd forgotten about it to be honest.

It's also a reward flight. They must have a back log.

Regards

Or maybe they are doing it a week before the flight
Virgin Atlantic