#21414 by slinky09
08 Oct 2007, 19:31
http://www.abtn.co.uk/Comment_Whither_the_front_end

BMI's new premium cabin looks good - for those who travel in it and where Manchester is the airport of choice I think I'd go for it above VS which is saying something.
#186207 by mitchja
08 Oct 2007, 20:00
Sorry but I'm still not convinced. I just dont know what it is with BMI but I'd still rather travel down to LHR from MAN and fly VS (even to ORD) for long haul flights.

Regards
#186211 by northanstar
08 Oct 2007, 20:13
I was fortunate enough to be invited on the preview flight to showcase BMI's new cabins. The business class cabin is great, with lie flat beds. Although they are not suites, it is still a great product. The premium economy seats are the old business class seats that have been moved back, adn the old premium economy seats are gone! This gives BMI the best seat pitch accross the pond in premium ecomomy........ ;-)
#186212 by jaguarpig
08 Oct 2007, 20:21
Looks good to me and they have a cracking FF scheme to boot.
#186214 by mitchja
08 Oct 2007, 20:26
To me though, a premium economy product is more than just the seat pitch. I'd much rather stick with VS PE, especially now they have stepped up the rest of the service in PE.

I dont think the BMI PE service is any different to their Y service (although I might me wrong).

Regards
#186220 by preiffer
08 Oct 2007, 21:28
But James, the new config bmi planes have the old "The Business" seating in.

I know it's about "service" in part, but when offered a huge-ass business class seat (that's better than some of the North American carriers' International business class products!) with good recline and 49" pitch I struggle to see why someone would opt to fly to London from Manchester to be faced with the VS offering... [?]
#186222 by locutus
08 Oct 2007, 21:39
BMI PE is a 2x2x2 config, much nicer than VS where you could get stuck in the middle seat. I'd try it out if the price was right.
#186235 by Scrooge
09 Oct 2007, 00:09
Originally posted by preiffer

I know it's about "service" in part, but when offered a huge-ass business class seat (that's better than some of the North American carriers' International business class products!) with good recline and 49" pitch I struggle to see why someone would opt to fly to London from Manchester to be faced with the VS offering... [?]

Originally posted by locutus
BMI PE is a 2x2x2 config, much nicer than VS where you could get stuck in the middle seat. I'd try it out if the price was right.

This has certainly made me stop for a sec and think about my next couple of flights, plus not having to deal with the mess that is LHR...now can someone find me flights from Man to FCO please.
#186236 by gingerflyer
09 Oct 2007, 00:20
and also VS can be a bit hit and miss from time to time in terms of service, so i would opt for the bigger seat pitch if the price was right!
Virgin Atlantic