#250521 by Clarkysun
02 Aug 2007, 23:51
I have a trade show to attend in LAS at the end of October. I usually go alone and fly PE MAN-LHR-LAS with VS. This year, however, I will be taking two other collegues and I'm certain they'd rather fly direct MAN-LAS with BMI.

Is the BMI service comparible with VS? On a personal level I'd rather fly VS as I get to use the CH and earn more TP & Miles. It won't help matters that I can only get one of them onto the CH, what else can help me convince my collegues?
#415131 by honey lamb
02 Aug 2007, 23:58
Originally posted by Clarkysun
I have a trade show to attend in LAS at the end of October. I usually go alone and fly PE MAN-LHR-LAS with VS. This year, however, I will be taking two other collegues and I'm certain they'd rather fly direct MAN-LAS with BMI.

Is the BMI service comparible with VS? On a personal level I'd rather fly VS as I get to use the CH and earn more TP & Miles. It won't help matters that I can only get one of them onto the CH, what else can help me convince my collegues?

How do you fly MAN-LHR-LAS?

If however you are going through LHR at the end of October and the date is right I'd be happy to sign in your other colleague
#415139 by mitchja
03 Aug 2007, 00:35
I've not sat in the current BMI PE seats but have seen them on board one of the BMI long-haul A/C - they appear to be exactly the same as ordinary economy seats only with more leg-room. I could be wrong as I've only walked though the BMI PE cabin to the Y cabin (somehow ended up on one of their long-haul A330's for a LHR>MAN domestic flight earlier in the year)

The in-seat IFE screens look the same size as VS Odyssey screens (although the IFE wasn't switched on for the domestic flight)

Given the choice, having now seen the long-haul BMI cabins, I'd much rather fly down to LGW and fly VS.

Regards
#415154 by Decker
03 Aug 2007, 08:44
Don't forget that as a Gold you can buy entrance for your second colleague.
#431465 by Paul H
12 Jan 2008, 13:07
The BMI PE seats are now their old business class seats (gone to flat bed) so are 49' legroom.
#436286 by 2Tinks
26 Feb 2008, 20:51
Originally posted by Paul H
The BMI PE seats are now their old business class seats (gone to flat bed) so are 49' legroom.

Is this change definite on the MAN-LAS route? Do you mind me asking if you've flown with them? Thinking of doing this route next Easter. TIA!
#436299 by Paul H
26 Feb 2008, 21:49
Is this change definite on the MAN-LAS route?

It is as definate as BMIs website says it is. We have booked for June on the strength of this and other media adverts. I am afraid you are going to be the guinea pig as you go before us.[:D]

I emailed BMI to change their website as their seating information table displayed all classes having 32' legroom including their flat bed seats. Their website changed the day after but not so much as a thank you came Mr.H`s way.[n] Wasn`t as though I was looking for a free upgrade or anything[;)]
#436301 by tallprawn
26 Feb 2008, 21:51
Originally posted by 2Tinks
Originally posted by Paul H

Is this change definite on the MAN-LAS route? Do you mind me asking if you've flown with them? Thinking of doing this route next Easter. TIA!

Yep, BMI have refitted all of their A330's (3 of them I think) with the old Business seating in PE, MAN-LAS will have the new configuration. [:D]
#436402 by lynnewob
27 Feb 2008, 07:50
We also booked on the strength of this and got a fantastic deal for November at £492 each (10% discount booking through my bank)- it beat VS's offer of approx £800pp. First time for us, so will have to wait and see.
We made sure we booked the MAN-LAS direct though as didn't fancy stopping off at Chicago first.
#438939 by Paul H
25 Mar 2008, 23:18
Only a couple of TRs so far on Skytrax for the new PE but both gave 5 stars.
#447897 by Paul H
07 Jul 2008, 17:22
Currently in San Diego, but flew with BMI PE into Las Vegas and it was very good. We used the 'night before checkin' (7-9pm) at Terminal 3 and we were checked in within 5 minutes and all bags dropped.
Seats are very comfortable and IFE via your own screen is also good but not on demand. Leg room (49 inches) is no problem at all and the head rests are really comfortable. Seat width is also good with a very generous recline. Seats are adjusted using electronic buttons. Champagne, not just sparkling wine, was served and drinks generous(and free). Food was decent enough and was probably the same as ecconomy. Cabin crew very friendly and helpful. Cameras in the nose and belly of the aircraft are also interesting and supplement the air map.
These seats can be very good value if you get the right deal. We paid 816 pounds each but prices went up to 2300 as time went on. Get the right deal and these BMI PE seats blow BA and VS clear out of the water.
We will see how they are for sleeping on our return trip. I have a couple of images of the seats to post as well.
#447908 by Scrooge
07 Jul 2008, 19:27
Thank you for your report, as you said if the seats can be found at the right price they really are a steal.
#447912 by 2Tinks
07 Jul 2008, 19:59
Thanks for the update, we are booked with them in April. Look forward to the photos!
Virgin Atlantic