#254420 by mitchja
10 May 2008, 11:59
Just received an email from BMI and on certain routes they are trialing completely paperless flights.

You get sent an MMS message to your mobile phone/PDA when you check-in online and then airport staff scan the 2D barcode image that is shown on your screen.

Routes using this trial are:

EDI>LHR
MAN>LHR
BFS>LHR>BFS

Seems a good idea to me. Link (then click the paperless boarding link)

Regards
#443197 by virgin crazy
10 May 2008, 13:06
Can you imagine if the phones battery died or you dont recieve the message before you get to the gate.

Expect delays.
#443207 by Juliet
10 May 2008, 14:24
wonder how you can claim your retro miles with VAA then? As you need to post in your BOARDING PASS and E-ticket....
#443210 by mike-smashing
10 May 2008, 14:37
This has been common in Scandinavia for a while for buying metro tickets via text message, and SAS now seem to be doing this for domestic flights in Scandinavia - the confirmation text contains the barcode.

In the event your phone has a snafu and loses the barcode, you just go and get a paper boarding card from a kiosk or a human being at a counter.

SAS are already 'paperless' at boarding in Europe, they don't keep boarding card stubs, you keep the whole ATB card (the same as you do on Qantas in Australia).

Mike
#443211 by preiffer
10 May 2008, 14:40
Originally posted by Juliet
wonder how you can claim your retro miles with VAA then? As you need to post in your BOARDING PASS and E-ticket....

Hope you guys are ready...

#445740 by GrahamN
13 Jun 2008, 12:59
I recently completed a return trip with BMI and used the paperless boarding. I'm awaiting a response from VS on how I can claim my 'missing' miles. When I spoke to someone at customer services they seemed very confused!

G.
#445743 by clarkeysntfc
13 Jun 2008, 13:34
I think VS' customer services team are permanently confused whenever I speak to them so don't worry GrahamN, nothing new there!
#445772 by Scorpio
13 Jun 2008, 23:11
all mobile paperless tix are on the delta oscar aircraft only as this aircraft is the only one to be fitter with what is called the mobile air system
Virgin Atlantic