#255037 by Clarkysun
30 Jun 2008, 16:35
Hello All,
I've got to earn 3 more TPs by the end of July in order to renew AU status. Given that I will not be flying to any VS destinations I'm left trying to pick them up elsewhere. Luck would have it that I'm due to go to Munich and back (from Manchester) before July 31st. I know the individual legs from MAN-LHR and back earn me 1 TP if I book a Economy Flexible ticket. What I need to know is what sort of ticket should I buy for the LHR-MUC in order to earn TPs? Does anyone know what the fare codes are in comparison to the named fare types?

I am currently considering MAN-GLA-LHR-MUC-LHR-MAN on an Economy Flexible ticket just to get the points. Is there a better way?

Thanks

Moved to the bmi forum - honey lamb
#447078 by HighFlyer
30 Jun 2008, 17:35
You'll need a flexible Economy (fare code Y) ticket or higher (e.g; Business) for the flight to earn a tier point. The fare basis for flexible Economy will be something like YGBRTY.

Tier point earning flights are detailed here, but in short its fare codes C, D, J & Y

If you are doing these flights already its a good way to secure the extra tierpoints, but its not cheap. A return Y flight would probably cost about the same once you are done with taxes, etc.

Thanks,
Sarah