#453300 by mitchja
08 Sep 2008, 14:29
The new website is very, er well, black isn't it which doesn't blend very well with their existing corporate colours. It only seems to be the front page that's different, everything else looks the same, although is running very slow meaning they might still be working on it.

They still havn't fixed the view existing booking pages once your logged in to your DC account, where I have 2 bookings with BMI yet I can see the same booking in the list of flights 13 times [:w]

Regards
#453308 by Pete
08 Sep 2008, 15:02
Umm... not pretty.
#453313 by Sealink
08 Sep 2008, 16:00
I'm not a huge fan of bmi's 'look'. The watery blue website colours just looks weak, whereas the black background really stands out, and as it is high contrast presumably good for the visually impaired, but as mitchja says, it's only the front page that's changed, which makes the page change very jarring.

Websites are important things - I remember when I was checking flights for a friend last year, we went through all of them and they were all very professional, a bit dull, and then we both laughed at the 'Hello Gorgeous!' on the VS website. Guess who they booked with?
#453320 by HighFlyer
08 Sep 2008, 16:48
I cant help thinking that the new design feels a bit cheap? Not a fan here.

Thanks,
Sarah
#453334 by preiffer
08 Sep 2008, 19:39
I hope they're embarrassed. [:0][n]
#453345 by Sealink
08 Sep 2008, 20:56
I think bmi have an identity crisis. They lurch from one 'look' to another.
There's the awful sharp edged fonts used in the adverts for 'bmi time', then there's bmi baby which is powder blue and red and sits uneasily with the rest of the product, and now this.

A bit of consistency please!
#453355 by woggledog
08 Sep 2008, 21:49
From a professional perspective, there is nothing wrong with the layout. Everything is in its place. But what a cheap background photo! If the background was also black, it wouldn't look that bad....
#453372 by Sealink
09 Sep 2008, 02:16
It's very like another website (Trusted Places) where you can choose your own background... I wonder if that's what they are working towards...
Virgin Atlantic