#256858 by stevedaley
08 Nov 2008, 07:20
Hi all,
We are booked on the above route in business for our wedding anniversary in July. They have now cancelled the flight, and have said they will contact me to discuss placing us with other airlines.

Do you think they will offer us Virgin from Gatwick UCS

Any advice would be helpful,
Steve
#459495 by preiffer
08 Nov 2008, 07:25
If you booked into business, they'll offer you an equivalent (that'd be Upper Class / International Business)

They MAY offer VS via LGW,but bear in mind they can ALSO offer you a connecting flight through one of the US hubs with a US major - they do NOT have to offer 'direct' flights UK-US, all they have to do is get you there.

Of course, you could always call them to find out... [;)]

Sorry, but since this relates solely to the bmi removal of services to North America, I'm also going to have to move it to the bmi forum.
#459499 by barnstaple
08 Nov 2008, 10:55
They are not under any liberty to cover any difference in cost either I don't believe - merely a full refund. So if you got a particularly good fare I would get on the phone to them now and try and get something favourable sorted.
#459507 by RichardMannion
08 Nov 2008, 14:32
I'd guess they'd try and route you via another Star Alliance carrier. I booked business with BMI-LAS a few years ago and they pulled the flight, and offered me to fly to ORD or IAD in Business, and then down to LAS with TED (which was Economy) - I laughed, and asked them to change my flight dates by a couple of days when the route was going to be operating which they did after a little negotation.