#707132 by Always Chilled
03 Feb 2009, 22:11
Yes, you will get 1TP per leg/single for a Business or flex ec ticket. I've done the same and my Brussels rtn will net me those vital 2TP's I will need before AU renewal.

I take it you entered your VS FC details when booking? If not, I think you can catch them up at a later stage.

AC
#707140 by Sealink
03 Feb 2009, 22:55
So for infrequent flyers like myself, is it better just to decide on one or two cards (say BA and VS) and just use these to collect points?

I have a bmi plus card which they offered to me as a promotion - can I collect miles with bmi and transfer them to VS?
#707142 by alexb
03 Feb 2009, 22:57
thanks just booked need 2tp to retain au
#707152 by preiffer
03 Feb 2009, 23:40
quote:Originally posted by Sealink
So for infrequent flyers like myself, is it better just to decide on one or two cards (say BA and VS) and just use these to collect points?

I have a bmi plus card which they offered to me as a promotion - can I collect miles with bmi and transfer them to VS?

No, you can't transfer. You can SPEND them on VS flights (only for 'full' rewards, no miles+cash option) but you cannot transfer them from BD miles to VS. Well, not without going through 2 or 3 other programs and losing a LOT in the process, anyway.
#707153 by daharris
04 Feb 2009, 00:34
quote:Originally posted by Sealink

Personally, I'd just stick to one or two: VS obviously and, in my case BA but I get most of my miles there off their AMEX card and various shopping partners through work - not that where I buy stuff is influenced by this [}:)]

Unless you travel a lot then I can't really see the benefits of spreading your points between too many airlines.
#707668 by oxmatt
10 Feb 2009, 20:03
Are we sure these fares are OK? 'I' class is not listed as a fare eligable for miles/TPs under the partners section of the VS website.
#708395 by alexb
21 Feb 2009, 07:05
has anyone received tp for this prom fares
#711559 by mcnaugha
01 Apr 2009, 19:43
'I' class is a Diamond Club mileage redemption class for miles-only Business Class redemption. You don't earn points or miles for either BMI or its earning partners. I would need to check with my contact at BMI but I wouldn't have thought this would be used for promotions too as it also implies taxes and charges must be paid.
Virgin Atlantic