#258137 by Always Chilled
20 Feb 2009, 20:13
Hi, I'm flying to Brussels from LHR next month after taking advantage of the business sale fare the other week.

I also have a friend flying with me but in economy. As i'm on a business fare and I'm VS FC Gold, can I invite him into the lounge with me?

Thanks in advance,

AC.
#468382 by Nottingham Nick
20 Feb 2009, 21:48
Hmm.. good question. The BMI website, is a little ambiguous.

Nothing about guests is mentioned in the list of benefits for Business class pax, but under the Diamond Gold and Silver card holder benefits, it says You may take one guest into our own lounges (providing they aren't full) as long as your guest is travelling on the same flight as you.

I read that as, you can only take a guest in if you are Diamond Club Gold / Silver, but I am not a BMI flier, so I can't give you a definitive answer, and will happily stand to be corrected.

Nick
#468607 by Always Chilled
23 Feb 2009, 18:19
Just called VS premier team and I got a very confident 'yes, you can invite a guest'. This is because I am Au and not because of the ticket class.

The difference between the two customer services was obvious, and it's no surprise, seeing as BMI's team are located in foreign lands!

Hope this helps other Au members when flying with BMI, because like Nick said, the website is a little ambiguous.

AC
#468613 by Nottingham Nick
23 Feb 2009, 20:05
Thanks for that AC. [y]

Please let us know how you go on. Your success is dependent on the lounge door staff being as switched on as the FC Prem team. [;)]

Nick
#468648 by ukcobra
24 Feb 2009, 10:27
Thanks for the post, I am flying BMI on Sunday and plan to take a guest in with me. I'll post here if I was successful or not.
Virgin Atlantic