#792520 by Sealink
28 Sep 2011, 16:37
Details
MAN- LHR four daily flights axed midweek, one daily axed at weekend
EDI - LHR two daily flights lost, inc. weekends.

BA on the other hand are maintaining their domestic winter schedules (Manchester loses one flight a day).

Mind you, they did the painful axing years ago with INV, BFS and DUB going.
#792522 by slinky09
28 Sep 2011, 16:51
And BA is increasing frequency on some days on these routes, so its not that the custom isn't there, I see that as BMI simply losing ground. No wonder LH want to sell it off, there really will be nothing left but slots soon.
#792563 by Concorde RIP
29 Sep 2011, 09:49
I'd love to know how much of the domestic traffic into LHR and LGW are purely for connections to longhaul flights.

I use LCY a lot for GLA/EDI, and it's by far the best way rather than LHR/LGW.

In summary, I have a suspicion that most of the domestics into the big hubs are for connections, and would therefore be prime targets for ownship by longhaul operators.

I further suspect that the purely domestic market will focus on LCY, and other smaller, more acessible airports.

Just why BMI are lossing ground, I think it's as simple as a company loosing it's direction and not having a clear strategy...
#792756 by liftsifter
01 Oct 2011, 03:52
I predicted the downfall of BMI once they stopped operations to the US. I used to love their A330's into LHR from ORD.

I really hope the brand isn't lost, because I simply love BMI's easy-going atmosphere in the cabin, brown and blue color scheme, and the great (and beautiful) cabin crew.