#10071 by easygoingeezer
19 Jan 2006, 12:44
If anyones interested there is a link on the Dibb forum to a site with a video of the new ride, it looks fab[^]

I just can't wait, looks a bit[:0]Disney rules[oo]
#93285 by preiffer
19 Jan 2006, 12:47
Can you put a link to the link on the dibb forum here, by any chance, EGG?
#93287 by easygoingeezer
19 Jan 2006, 12:52
[:I]Not sure how to do that, its on the Dibb in the theme park & tickets forum, titled everest video[:I]

I am not very good at links n stuff[:#]sorry
#93292 by easygoingeezer
19 Jan 2006, 13:09
Fozzy, Please can you do the link for me[:I]
#93295 by fozzyo
19 Jan 2006, 13:18
Originally posted by easygoingeezer
Fozzy, Please can you do the link for me[:I]

Of course I can.

Link to Dibb is here.

Mat xxx
#93297 by easygoingeezer
19 Jan 2006, 13:30
[oo][oo][oo][oo]THANKYOU[oo][oo][oo]

----------------------------------------

preiffer - added:

Link to Dibb is here.
#93298 by HighFlyer
19 Jan 2006, 13:35
Oooooh!!

Need to go to Disney ... need to go to Disney ....
#93302 by preiffer
19 Jan 2006, 13:50
EGG - I've edited your post, and put the link that Matt inserted into his post. If you edit your post above, you'll see how he did it. [y]

Hope that helps.
#93379 by ela123
19 Jan 2006, 22:32
Does any one know when it opens? Out there last 2 weeks in March....please let it be open by then!!!!
#93382 by HighFlyer
19 Jan 2006, 23:07
According to the Disney website ...

"Expedition Everest will open officially in April 2006"

Looks like you are just going to miss it Ela [:(!]
#93417 by David
20 Jan 2006, 00:10
We were offered a "sneak peak" weekend of the 29th jan- its just a pity we are in the crown lounge at mco as i type .... althought... its just starting to get a bit warmer now in Orlando and a long weekend looks tempting when you see the forecast for the UK.

David
#93476 by csparker
20 Jan 2006, 10:59
Damm damm damm. We're going March 6th for 2 weeks.

Double damm.
#93484 by HighFlyer
20 Jan 2006, 11:20
We're going March 6th for 2 weeks

Ooh, thats my birthday, so have a glass for me in the CH :D
#93490 by fozzyo
20 Jan 2006, 11:56
Originally posted by HighFlyer
According to the Disney website ...

"Expedition Everest will open officially in April 2006"

Looks like you are just going to miss it Ela [:(!]

Don't they usually open the rides a little bit before the "Official" opening? Cast previews are happening until the end of Jan I think.

To find out what is happening all things disney check out WDW Magic regularly - its like V-Flyer, but for Disney.

Mat xxx
#93511 by easygoingeezer
20 Jan 2006, 12:59
And don't forget the Dibb its cool too.[y]
#94429 by Wolves27
25 Jan 2006, 09:57
We were hoping it was going to be ready for a soft opening last October, a bit overly positive maybe. didn't go to Animal Kingdom cos it would have just frustrated me and not being able to go on it :D
I think we are going to have go back in October again this year now :D:D

Dean
#94489 by p17blo
25 Jan 2006, 16:10
For those of you interested in this type of thing I would suggest you take a look at the podcast available from http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic . I have been listening to these almost since day one and find them very informative, especially for new ride openings. Some of the podcasts can be not to my taste (Ride Thrus) but being a podcast I can just skip past them. They have had a lot of info about Exp Everest and soft openings for DVC and Disney Visa holders. They also do a video podcast every now and then and even if you do not have a video ipod you can watch in itunes.

Paul
(Posted off the coast of Costa Maya via Sat Link)
#96948 by David
03 Feb 2006, 23:19
Here's the official Disney podcast - if you can put up with all the stupid "whooing"[n]

click here

David

(must learn how to post links [:I])

{mcuth: edited to shorten link - David, this might help? :)}
#98698 by rjd2709
11 Feb 2006, 15:19
Just so you know, this ride is now in soft opening mode which means it is open to the public on days when Disney feel like it. Fastpass is usually gone by 1100am.
#98753 by p17blo
11 Feb 2006, 20:23
It is actually open more than just 'When Disney feel like it' it is open unless there is a problem or change they wish to make. Basically it is in 'Beta':D:D

And by all accounts, what a ride it is. Suitable for the entire family but still a 'thrill' ride. I will certainly be giving it at least one try on my next trip to Animal Kingdom.

Absolutely gutted that 'Tarzan Rocks' has gone though.

Paul
#98757 by MarkJ
11 Feb 2006, 21:06
Havent been to Orlando for three - years so have the following to look forward to:

Expedition Everest
Soarin
Motor stunt spectacular
Mickey's Philharmagic
The Mummy
Some new restaurants

And of course all the stuff that we still enjoy - Mission Space, Tower of Terror, MIB, Terminator, Spiderman, Kraken etc etc etc etc

Why take kids here when theres so much to do on your own - hahahhaha
#98763 by p17blo
11 Feb 2006, 21:36
Soarin is spectacular, I love it and I wish that the ride was longer (it only last 5 mins). The scents are fantastic.

Motor stunt show, pretty much exactly the same as Paris, but it is spectacular and a good 40 minutes long, very good show.

Mickey's Philharmagic, again I love this, very entertaining and again some lovely aromas.

The Mummy (well thats at Universal) I rode this on a soft opening. Fantastic, but if you are claustrophic or afraid of fire DO NOT RIDE THIS.

Ooh you are making 'home' sick (MCO being my second home). You also mentioned Mission Space. I had a problem with this ride. I knew the only way to simulate the G's would be to spin you and then when I got on it I could feel the spinning and I started to feel a little quesy. Just me I guess.

Come on countdown, speed up!!!

Paul
#105440 by csparker
13 Mar 2006, 12:21
Hoping to get a sneak peak of Expedition Everest today. Will try to post a TR if I get on.
#105631 by csparker
14 Mar 2006, 03:12
We got it - all six of us with FastPass. Glad we did that, it was a HECK of a queue (90 mins at one stage today). FastPass line was not too quick either. The set is pretty big - a likeness of Everest itself, and you can see the main ascent going up the side. Certain angles give you the big screaming descent as well.

Can't say what the full queue experience was like, but it had better be good. FastPass line has displays on Everest ascents and the Yeti. We were directed to the back of the car (we had my daughter and her wheel chair). Cars are pretty long (does that matter on a coaster?). Ride starts off gently but you're soon into the main ascent. A couple of turns in the open air, you're back under cover in the dark to where an upslope on the track has been ripped up by the Yeti. Nothing for it. Back you go, only this time on a different track, with some pretty big turns.

The backwards section ends with you facing down a descent in the dark, which is where things start to get big. You see evidence of the yeti a couple of times, and hit some epic circular turns as you go down. It was my elder daughter's first time on a huge coaster, and she was poop-scared for the duration of the ride, but her face at the end was a picture. My wife and Mum (two different people before you ask) both felt wobbly at the knees, but they are not big coaster riders either.

I liked it - as good as Thunder Mountain (in Paris - not done Magic Kingdom at Orlando yet), perhaps a bit better. I'm afraid the only rides that have made me turn the air blue (with perhaps some green) in the last year or so are (in no particular order):
- Dragon's Fury at Chessington
- The Claw at Southend Adventure Island (sad, but true)
- The Cyclone at Coney Island
Virgin Atlantic