#10761 by csparker
14 Feb 2006, 10:48
Did I ever tell any of you that the csparker family (including the parents - urgh - just kidding Mum) are off to Orlando in a few weeks' time?

Anyway, the reason behind the big trip (and in term time too), is that the older of the little csparkers has a long term degenerative neurological condition, which means that this is almost certainly and literally the trip of a lifetime for her.

Fortunately for all concerned, the only problems she shows at the moment are related to fatigue, and a run of days spent in the parks will be a heck of a schlep for her. When we have been to places like Chessington in the UK, we have used the buggies provided by the parks, which are just about big enough for her to ride in.

Do any of the parks have big buggies / strollers / wheelchairs for hire / to borrow?
#99276 by HighFlyer
14 Feb 2006, 10:54
Hey Chris

Did I ever tell any of you that the csparker family (including the parents - urgh - just kidding Mum) are off to Orlando in a few weeks' time?

Err .. i think you mentioned it once or twice ... [:I][:I]

Do any of the parks have big buggies / strollers / wheelchairs for hire / to borrow?

Oh yes! Believe me, there are millions of strollers, you cant move for them at the shows and parades - they seem to be used as 'space savers' for the parades all along Main Street. You will have no worries there. You will see really big kids in the strollers too as they are very roomy, and of course they have a full mobility scheme so you can borrow wheelchairs and scooters as well.

I hope you all have a fantastic trip, and that little csparker has a lovely time, and gets to be a Princess in Disney :)

Thanks,
Sarah
#99304 by lilyjosh0
14 Feb 2006, 12:26
Chris, how old is your daughter?
#99381 by p17blo
14 Feb 2006, 18:07
You can arrange for a Wheelchair to be 'rented' for the duration of your trip. The company I know delivers to your hotel or villa and collects again at the end of your holiday.

Let me know if you want anymore details

Paul
#99516 by csparker
15 Feb 2006, 12:03
Chris, how old is your daughter?

She's 10 in April.
#99905 by rjd2709
16 Feb 2006, 21:14
Try http://www.allearsnet.com. The special needs pass you can get is detailed in there as well as an incredible amount of useful info for parents like yourself (and us, our son is autistic). Don't know if you have been to WDW before but they have a special way with special needs kids. i suppose that's why we go every year.

Next trip 1 mar vs027.
#99916 by lilyjosh0
16 Feb 2006, 22:19
Chris, sounds like you'll be more interested in the wheelchairs but some of the Disney parks (sorry can't remember which ones) have side by side double buggies for hire which give quite a lot of space. From memory I think the Magic Kingdom's double buggies are one in front of the other and are quite cramped so they wouldn't be any good for you.

Anyway have a great time and I hope it's the trip of a lifetime for all of you.
#99977 by csparker
17 Feb 2006, 08:57
Thanks one and all.

I would just like to point out that at this stage, we are dead lucky - she gets tired, grumpy and a little unco-ordinated. We (and she) do not consider ourselves "special needs" in any significant way. There are are many people far worse off than we are. I salute you all.
Virgin Atlantic