#11442 by Tim
14 Mar 2006, 21:06
Where can I buy a one day ticket from?

Do I wait and buy it at Epcot or is there a cheaper option?

I've always done several days at Disney in the past and always prepurchased my tickets in the UK ,but they only seem to deal in multi day passes and I can find no referance to single day admissions

Thanks in advance,
Tim.
#105878 by mitchja
14 Mar 2006, 21:10
Tim

I'm not an expert on Disney Parks but why not just pay on the gate when you get there? I presume you can still do that, as that's what we did the first year we went to Disney.

Regards
#105888 by AlecK
14 Mar 2006, 21:38
The only way AFAIK is to buy it at the gate. The only agents I'm aware of that sell them are in the US so postage charges make it uneconomic to pre-purchase.
#105890 by jilly
14 Mar 2006, 21:52
You can only buy a one day pass at the park - they are around 65$ - you can also buy a one day hopper pass for all parks.

Once you've bought the ticket you can change your mind and upgrade it to any other tickets on sale if by the end of day you haven't seen enough.

Jilly
#105891 by RichardMannion
14 Mar 2006, 21:58
You could also buy at your hotel too to save having to queue at the EPCOT ticket booth.

Thanks,
Richard
#105893 by Tim
14 Mar 2006, 22:04
Thanks for the replies.

I was just making sure that you could still get a one day ticket. Disney seem to put the emphasis on multi day passes and make little mention of still being able to obtain the single day pass.

We'll wait until we get to Epcot, if we have enough time we want to do the International Flower and Garden Festival.
#105902 by David
14 Mar 2006, 22:54
Originally posted by Tim
Thanks for the replies.

I was just making sure that you could still get a one day ticket. Disney seem to put the emphasis on multi day passes and make little mention of still being able to obtain the single day pass.

We'll wait until we get to Epcot, if we have enough time we want to do the International Flower and Garden Festival.

It's supposed to be simplier, but the latest changes seem to be more complicated ... and expensive.

You can buy a one day pass for any park, but if you want to park hop that costs extra(you never know you might zoom round;)). Its just as quick to buy it at the park gate. All tickets now use the finger print method (it used to only be the annual passes that used this).

Be prepared to be "stunned" at the cost of a one day pass.

Enjoy

David
#106006 by AlecK
15 Mar 2006, 09:58
Originally posted by David

It's supposed to be simplier, but the latest changes seem to be more complicated ... and expensive.

Be prepared to be "stunned" at the cost of a one day pass.

It's true that the new 'Magic Your Way' tickets options are baffling and seem expensive but don't forget that UK visitors can still buy 5,7,14 and 21 day all inclusive tickets at great prices ( just remember to buy them before you leave the UK )

18 months ago the 14 day day ticket was around £225 and it can now be purchased for £169.

One day passes do look to be bad value when you compare them with multi day tickets.

Personally I would never be without my annual pass which with DVC discount is a bargain at around $300. :)
#106060 by FV75
15 Mar 2006, 12:28
Not sure whether you are really allowed to do this or not, but I bought my tickets for Disney on ebay.

I was only going for 2 days and wanted to park hop, but did not want to be restricted to 1 park a day or to purchase a multi day ticket.

We bought a ticket with 2 days left on it, when we got there we had 3 days left plus a Disney Quest visit. Going back this year to use up the 1 day.
#106093 by jilly
15 Mar 2006, 13:40
Personally I'd be very wary of buying disney or any other park ticket from ebay.

All the parks now use a fingerprint system as you enter - although it doesn't always seem to work but they then ask for ID.

Jilly
#106101 by p17blo
15 Mar 2006, 14:10
I agree with Jilly on this one. If you want to save a buck or two, and that is about as much as you can legitimately save, go to one of the ticket vendors in the local area. Stay away from the those offering you two free tickets or $100 cash for your time to go and see a time-share.

Where will you be staying? If you wanted the info I can suggest one or two vendors that I KNOW are reputable.

But at the end of the day you will only save $1 or $2.

If you are ever likely to return to Orlando I would buy the 10 day Magic Your Way + Hopper + Never Expire and sit on them.

Paul
#106123 by FV75
15 Mar 2006, 15:02
You're right to be sceptical, I was a little nervous buying this way too, but for me it worked out OK. This was before the changes to the tickets, so it probably is wise to seek more legitimate vendors.
Virgin Atlantic