#11795 by FV75
31 Mar 2006, 14:06
Guys I need some suggestions.

I only have time to spend 1 day in Disney on my trip to Florida in May. I have a park hopper ticket. What should I do? My wife loves Animal Kingdom and of course there is the new ride there, MGM is good, especially 50's Prime Time and MK and EPCOT (Soarin)are just brilliant. Not sure I can fit it all, but am willing to give it a good go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
#109435 by HighFlyer
31 Mar 2006, 14:22
Get up early to see the animals at the Animal Kingdom (i find that past 10am or so, they are hiding from the people and the heat), cruise over to Epcot for Soarin and a walk around the world showcase, then on to Magic Kingdom to catch the late afternoon parade for the must have 'character' fix then, finish the day at MGM, grabbing a quick go on ToT and RnR before watching Fantasmic!

Sorted!

Thanks,
Sarah
#109439 by FV75
31 Mar 2006, 14:30
Thanks Sarah, have a good trip to Dubai.
#109443 by csparker
31 Mar 2006, 14:52
HF Forgot Expedition Everest while you're at AK. To do both Everest and the Safari, may require early arrival and a split up on entry - one to the queue, the other to fast pass.

Personally I'd skip World Showcase - it was just an international shopping and eating centre. While the shopping was good quality, the eating was unimpressive in my opinion. Reduces the time spent simply walking as well.
#109513 by MarkJ
31 Mar 2006, 22:03
OK - heres the plan!!

Early start - be at the gate
AK - Safari, Exhedition Everest, Dinosaur!!
Grab a coffee and a danish and head over to MGM
MGM - Tot, RaRC,

Lunch at Brown Derby

Onto Epcot by Boat - Soarin, Mission Space, Test Track

then monorail to Magic Kingdom, Buzz Lightyear, Philharmagic, Splash Mountain.

Dinner in MK - Tonys Diner

Wishes

Home to bed

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
#109525 by p17blo
31 Mar 2006, 23:46
You eat too much Mark ;-)

Paul
#109557 by MarkJ
01 Apr 2006, 10:02
Oooh - that was a bit harsh!!

I think you have to plan in the meal breaks - then you have the energy to do the next bit!!

I should have added - after Wishes bus to Downtown Disney, then cocktails and dancing til dawn!!! ( that will work off a few pounds Paul!!!)
#109570 by csparker
01 Apr 2006, 13:13
Good luck fitting in Mission Space, Soarin and Test Track - the combination of those three queues and the rides could be 4 plus hours.

Almost agree with the selection, though I would go for Big Thunder rather than Splash Mountain.

Oh, and you're not doing Small World [}:)]
#109599 by MarkJ
01 Apr 2006, 22:23
You gotta do Fast Passes - and of course - it depends which day you go on!!!
#110030 by FV75
04 Apr 2006, 15:56
I love this Disney talk, all the ideas of things to do. I wish I had more time to spend there.

Did not realise MarkJ that there is a boat from MGM to Epcot?
#120675 by FV75
01 Jun 2006, 18:47
Thanks for all your suggestions, my day finally went like this.

8am bus for AK 9am. Expedition Everest and Kilamanjiro tours (Forgive the spelling)

11am. Disney Bus to EPCOT. Fast Pass Soarin. Walk around the World Showcase and lunch in Mexico.

1:45 Soarin

Monorail to MK. Watch afternoon Parade. Take in Micky's Philomagic.

Monorail to Transportation Centre and bus to Disney-MGM studios. Dinner at the Brown Derby and then Fantasmic, followed by Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

Back to hotel 11pm. Long day with a lot of people, but true Disney fun.
Virgin Atlantic