#11866 by FV75
04 Apr 2006, 16:00
What do you think about going to a water park after checking in at Downtown Disney.

You do not have to worry about your luggage, you take your travel home clothes on a hanger and you hire towels.

Has anyone done this before?
#110034 by Jimmy Mc
04 Apr 2006, 16:59
Originally posted by FV75
What do you think about going to a water park after checking in at Downtown Disney.

You do not have to worry about your luggage, you take your travel home clothes on a hanger and you hire towels.

Has anyone done this before?

Not my cup of tea, my usual day after checking in at DTD either involves one last wander around 1 of the theme parks, or taking in a movie (there's AMC cinemas at DTD or the huge multiplex at Universal) before driving back to MCO to drop off the car and pass the long queues for check-in :D
#110047 by GatorBaiter
04 Apr 2006, 17:42
I agree on the park thing, or at least a wee bit more shopping (of course you need room in your hand luggage for that - ok I shall live and die shopping [:I]). How about something like crazy golf and go karting? There are tons of places up I-Drive, but one of my faves is the disney's WinterSummerland Grazy Golf down near the All Stars resorts. And there's always Disney Quest..?

Not so sure about the waterparks though...[:?]
#110054 by David
04 Apr 2006, 17:59
Usually finish off the last reminants of the sun back at the pool after check in, then go for lunch in a park (perks of an annual park) and then a slow wander round the lake at Boardwalk ... then onwards to the airport.

(Never thought about a water park)

David
#110063 by csparker
04 Apr 2006, 18:17
Not sure about the water park idea - wet swimwear, dry hair, smelling of chlorine, needing to carry enough toiletries to keep you fragrant on the plane...
#110088 by JohnD
04 Apr 2006, 21:37
Yes - with little ones its ideal - not that you would but Typhoon lagoon is walking distance from the dtd checkin. We did blizzard beach and had an excellent time - recomended
#110325 by Treelo
05 Apr 2006, 19:37
Originally posted by JohnD
Yes - with little ones its ideal - not that you would but Typhoon lagoon is walking distance from the dtd checkin. We did blizzard beach and had an excellent time - recomended

Hear Hear.

Me and the present Mrs Treelo often 'do' Blizzard Beach after DTD - and those litle sample bottles of shampoo, deodorant etc easily slip into hand baggage afterwards:D
#111144 by AlecK
09 Apr 2006, 22:36
We usually do disney mini golf followed by a late lunch and then head for MCO :)
#111354 by Boyle73
11 Apr 2006, 11:35
Originally posted by Treelo
Originally posted by JohnD

Hear Hear.

Me and the present Mrs Treelo often 'do' Blizzard Beach after DTD - and those litle sample bottles of shampoo, deodorant etc easily slip into hand baggage afterwards:D

We tend not to use it anymore and stay in Clearwater longer but have used blizzard beach. Its a weird feeling to be in a water park and know that in around 2 hours time your going to be flying home!
#120920 by g7dyd
02 Jun 2006, 23:56
Hi,
We usually go to Old Key West DVC resort for breakfast then hire one of the boats for an hour. You can go down river to Downtown Disney area and also across to Port Orleans Resort, very scenic and relaxing. Usually go to Subway for lunch and a quick look round the shops then off to the Delta Lounge at the airport.
Mick.
#122754 by FV75
15 Jun 2006, 17:09
We did something a little different. After checking in at DTD we went back to the hotel and had breakfast. We showered and left the hotel at 11ish. Walked around DTD for a while, picked up a few last gifts. We then went to the cinema (We saw RV with Robin Williams. I liked it but the reviews in the UK have been poor) which killed a few hours and then on for a longer than usual lunch before heading out to the airport. Quite a chilled way to spend the last day.
Virgin Atlantic