#12508 by VS075
02 May 2006, 20:42
I've been to Orlando a few times and have learnt a lot in order to get the most out of your trip. I thought I'd share this with you all.

What you want to do obviously depends on who is in your party (i.e. young kids, older kids, teenagers, mum + dad) and doing some research and planning before your visit (especially if you're going for the first time) will help you enjoy your trip thoroughly.

If you've got young kids then these parks you should aim to do:

DISNEY-Magic/Animal Kingdom, water parks SEA WORLD- They'll enjoy the shows UNIVERSAL-Useful for half-day trips if you've got young kids since most of the two parks here seem to appeal/suitable for older kids with a few sections for little ones
Older kids then:

DISNEY-Epcot/MGM/Downtown Disney UNIVERSAL-Nearly everything here should appeal, but plan your time wisely WATER PARKS-Wet n Wild will appeal greatly to older kids/teens
If you are restricted timewise and want to do just the main attractions (that's why 2 weeks is recommended) then get to the gates around 9am ish. At that time of the day, you will find that the queues are much shorter for the best rides and you'll enjoy them more. That's what I did last time at Universal and I found that I was out by around 2pm. Then you've got the rest of the day to relax by the pool/go shopping, because believe me, the whole experience can be tiring for some.

If you're going with older kids/teens/young adults then Disney is best avoided IMO, and head for Universal, Wet n Wild and (time permitting) Busch Gardens.

To avoid long queues take the single rider queues if possible. OK you will be split up but you will get on and off quicker. Also try to book a time to go on the ride as well since there are priority queues for these as well.

If you're going for the 1st time then do some research and plan beforehand what you are going/aiming to do. If you have been before then you will know what you want to do the most and do that first then relax.

This is my opinion and other people may have other ideas on how to enjoy Orlando, but if you've been before then you would probably know what I'm talking about.
#115438 by MarkJ
02 May 2006, 20:47
All good stuff above - I think I could write a book on WDW and Orlando now ! So best not to do it here I guess!
#115442 by Jonathan
02 May 2006, 20:55
Nice Post Alex!

A few $$$ saving tips!

If you have a car you can save money on parking at WDW by parking at downtown disney[8D]

Universal tickets are often cheeper online as are busch and SeaWorld. WDW isnt - what a shocker[:0]

cheaper still make friends who work in the parks (and get in free)[:I]
#115443 by MarkJ
02 May 2006, 20:56
Originally posted by Jonathan

cheaper still make friends who work in the parks (and get in free)[:I]

You just know everyone dont you!!![y]
#115473 by Jonathan
02 May 2006, 21:33
Most people say friends in high places is the way to go[:?]
- I adopt the friends in low places model - they are easier to maintain/bribe[:0] *delete as neccessary[:w][:w]
#115483 by Scrooge
02 May 2006, 21:47
- I adopt the friends in low places model - they are easier to maintain/bribe[:0] *delete as neccessary[:w][:w]

Let me know if you ever need a job,with ethics like that you'll go far in this town [:0][y]:D
#115485 by VS075
02 May 2006, 21:52

LOL. I agree with you Jonathan, if you make friends with people who have direct/indirect connections to these big companies then you might be able to save even more $$$

I'd say that if you get to know friends in high places you may not get to talk to them often but when you do the rewards could be outstanding:D

OK, I was being a bit too greedy there[:#][V]
Virgin Atlantic