#12637 by Kraken
07 May 2006, 18:51
Chaddy - you'll have a great time in Orlando. If you want the low-down on which Parks to visit [primrarily for the rollercoaster side of things] then send me a private message & we'll discuss further there.

It is no coincidence that my login name, Kraken, is also the best rollercoaster in Florida (hint, SeaWorld Orlando).

James
#116515 by daywalker
07 May 2006, 19:59
Originally posted by Kraken

It is no coincidence that my login name, Kraken, is also the best rollercoaster in Florida (hint, SeaWorld Orlando).

James

No chance, Montu in Busch Gardens knocks spots off Kraken although Kraken is still very good I rate it third behind the aforementioned Montu and also the Hulk in Universal Island of Adventure.
As for parks, well if you've not been before you need to try them all yourself. Peronally I am a big Universal/Busch fan followed by MGM studious, none of the other Disney parks do it for me. Epcot has gotten better with mission space and test track but that's all that interests me. Magic Kingdon, always packed and full of little kids as you'd expect. I don't have kids and I hate the little brats you tend to get at MK so we stay away. Animal Kingdon = YAAAWWWNNNN.
These are comments just my opinion of course and i do not profess to be 100% correct, it's just how I see it :)

I've also mastered Men in Black at Univesal Studios and am now sad enough to be able to get 999,999 every go from any seat and any side of the track :)
#116521 by Kraken
07 May 2006, 21:02
Only a very brief reply, as this is wandering way OT...

Hulk = very rough nowadays, not a patch on how it was back in 2000.
Montu = agree with your comments, but only on a "pre-1999" basis. The reprogramming of the control system in 1999 ruined the second half of the ride [after the mid-course brakes].

As I said above, this is way OT, so if you want to continue this, over to private messages!
#116523 by Nottingham Nick
07 May 2006, 21:20
Rather that move the debate into private messages, please feel free to continue it here, so that all members can benefit from your knowledge. :D:D

Nick
#116545 by daywalker
07 May 2006, 22:42
I do agree that the Hulk has gotten alot rougher but I find getting on the front row compensates pretty well, riding the back row on that is a serious no go for me nowadays. I've commented to the wife on numerous occasions how I've thought it has gotten rougher over the years but I still love it. I've only ridden Montu from 1999 onwards so can't comment on how it used to be, it's still the tops for me. I wasn't overly impressed with their new vertical drop coaster last year. I rode it four times on the spin but it did nothing for me :(
#116551 by fozzyo
07 May 2006, 22:58
For me Duelling Dragons is still a big winner! Last year when we went we were there for the Universal Haloween Horror Nights so did DD at night, and that really adds a lot to an already excellent ride.

Though the size of the queing system does scare me a little!

We did Kraken for the first time, it was good, but for us actually a little too smooth.

And of course for real scares you don't need to go to the US. The Wild Mouse at Blackpool still scares the willies off me!

Mat xxx
#116560 by cydara
07 May 2006, 23:14
I love the Hulk , but only at the front....Duelling Dragons gets you going in the Queue with the build up and it does whip you around really fast , but Kraken is my favourite....I can`t wait to get on that again in May
#116564 by p17blo
07 May 2006, 23:20
Originally posted by daywalker
Animal Kingdon = YAAAWWWNNNN.

Have you had chance to ride Expedition Everest. I am guessing not by your comment. But then I guess it wouldn't appeal to a hardened roller coaster junkie as there is more visuals in this than the likes on Montu, Kraken, Hulk, Duelling Dragons.

So what about Goofy's Barnstorming Adventures? Hard enough for you?

Paul
#116587 by Paul H
08 May 2006, 00:27
Mummy`s Revenge ride at Universal was good.
#116599 by Jonathan
08 May 2006, 01:27
No one has mentioned Kumba - a good coaster and the woodie at busch Gwazi thats a rough ride!
I love the start and first drop of hulk too
only did Kraken once but I enjoyed it

fav park overall has to be islands of adventure
#116602 by preiffer
08 May 2006, 01:35
I loved Kumba the first time I visited Busch Gardens, but then the Montu came along. Nothing like havign your legs dangled over a pit of alligators at the start to take your mind off the fact you're on a rollercoaster... [:w]
#116704 by daywalker
08 May 2006, 16:25
Originally posted by p17blo

Have you had chance to ride Expedition Everest. I am guessing not by your comment. But then I guess it wouldn't appeal to a hardened roller coaster junkie as there is more visuals in this than the likes on Montu, Kraken, Hulk, Duelling Dragons.

Paul

Wow Paul, no need to take it so personally.

I said in an earlier post 'These comments are just my opinion of course and i do not profess to be 100% correct, it's just how I see it :)'

And I'll now say it again, it's all just my opinion, thankfully we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes, life would be mighty boring if we all liked the same things.

As for beign a coaster junkie, well yes, I've got a little trip to Cedar Point in Ohio coming up in 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to riding all 16 coasters they have, especially this beast
#116710 by VS075
08 May 2006, 16:52
Originally posted by cydara
I love the Hulk , but only at the front....Duelling Dragons gets you going in the Queue with the build up and it does whip you around really fast , but Kraken is my favourite....I can`t wait to get on that again in May

Totally agree with what cydara has said. Here is my top 5 coasters in no order:-

Incredible Hulk - Universal IoA
Gwazi - Busch Gardens
Kraken - Sea World
Montu - Busch Gardens
Duelling Dragons - Universal IoA
#116881 by csparker
09 May 2006, 11:45
I did many of the Orlando coasters in March 2006 (for TRs see the "Orlando from behind a wheelchair" thread in this forum.

My top 5 Orlando 'coasters are (in descending order)...
1. Expedition Everest (love the backwards speed)
2. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (acceleration)
3. Kraken (variety of movement and length of ride)
4. Hulk
=5. Duelling Dragons / Big Thunder Mountain
#116906 by p17blo
09 May 2006, 14:22
Originally posted by p17blo

Paul

Wow Paul, no need to take it so personally.

I said in an earlier post 'These comments are just my opinion of course and i do not profess to be 100% correct, it's just how I see it :)'

And I'll now say it again, it's all just my opinion, thankfully we all have different tastes, likes and dislikes, life would be mighty boring if we all liked the same things.

As for beign a coaster junkie, well yes, I've got a little trip to Cedar Point in Ohio coming up in 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to riding all 16 coasters they have, especially this beast

I think you read my post with the wrong meaning. I don't take it personally and just was interested to see if you had ridden Exp Everest. If you re-read my original post and put a :D or [8D] at the end of each sentance you will get the correct sentiment:)

I thought you would realise this with my comment about Goofy's Barnstorming Roller Coaster ride [:p]

Paul
#117000 by daywalker
09 May 2006, 23:04
Sorry Paul, I thought you were taking the 'P' but you weren'r so that's cool with me :D
Yeah these little things :D:)[:p] do help me get the meaning ;)
#123164 by infrequentflyer
17 Jun 2006, 18:31
I've got a little trip to Cedar Point in Ohio coming up in 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to riding all 16 coasters they have, especially this beast

When you are back I would appreciate your comments.
I to love coasters but have yet to justify a trip to Cedar Point.

Is it worth the expense of travelling from New York just to visit it?

What other attractions are there in the area?

Thanks
Dave
#181342 by Wolves27
17 Aug 2007, 09:06
Originally posted by porsche911
That coaster on Ohio looks amazing -

It is amazing, a real rush! We rode it earlier this year and although now not the tallest in the world (been overtaken by Kinga Ka at Six Flags NJ by 7 foot) its a fantastic experience which is over all too soon. Cedar Point is definitley a must visit for coaster freaks.

In Orlando they have to be (in no particular order):
Hulk
Duelling Dragons
Space Mountain (as long as they keep it old school)

Not techincally a coaster but Spiderman at IoA is the best ride in Florida for me.

Cheers!

Dean
#181348 by fozzyo
17 Aug 2007, 10:20
Cedar Point is a fantastic place to go! We had such a good time, Millenium Force and Magnum both superb rides!! There is another one that was great fun - a suspended B&M ride, and on that they have little cameras above each seat so you can buy a DVD of your ride.
Virgin Atlantic