#13616 by A380
26 Jun 2006, 15:11
If I do an on-line check on the weather, it says thundery showers for the next 5 days.

Is this normal and does it mean one or two quick showers a day interpersed with lots of sunshine ?

Hope I'm not going to have bad weather after looking forward to the trip for so long.
#124562 by wood07
26 Jun 2006, 15:18
This time of year you can expect thunderstorms in the afternoon. The thunderstorms are usually over quite quickly but the rain will be very heavy - hence all the parks sell ponchos etc. You should get plenty of sunshine also.
#124589 by Jon B
26 Jun 2006, 18:09
The only time I went to Florida thunderstorms were part and parcel of almost everyday (late afternoon usually).

The good news is they aren't usually prolonged.... We went in July and it would get very close and humid as the day wore on in fact the thunderstorms were actually quite welcome as it felt much more comfortable then in the early evening

Hope you have a great trip

Jon B
#124593 by Kraken
26 Jun 2006, 18:40
You can expect, as others have said above, a daily thunderstorm - typically late afternoon each day. The storms are generally short & sharp and will probably all be over in 10mins. All the Theme Parks sell poncho's - if you get caught in a storm, you will get very wet, fast. It will, however, be warm rain, which is a bit unusual for us Brits.

Hope you have a great trip - wish I was going to Florida before November [when I am going... at the end of the hurricane season].
#124636 by Nevil30
26 Jun 2006, 21:17
I would agree with the other posts, thunderstorms late afternoon but they normally don't last very long, we have visited in June before and had very nice weather [8D]

Enjoy your trip counting the days till we go back to Orlando

Regards
Nevil
#124693 by p17blo
27 Jun 2006, 10:47
A380, as the others have said an afternoon storm is expected. However if you check the tropical forecast you will see if any tropical depressions, tropical storms or hurricanes are building. These can be several hundred miles away and still cause you continual rain for days.

You can try to decipher the detail at the National Hurricane Center http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ or search for another resource. If there is a storm brewing most of the local news stations will have regular weather updates.

This is the main Orlando based TV Station
http://www.wesh.com/weather/doppler/index.html

Paul
#124696 by A380
27 Jun 2006, 11:12
Hey guys, thanks for all the info, only 1 day to go now !!:D
#137332 by G-VROY
05 Sep 2006, 23:21
just for anyone else, showers around normally 4.00pm and last about 30 minutes, but for the most its sun,sun,sun![^][y]
#140183 by VS075
22 Sep 2006, 14:17
Originally posted by G-VROY
just for anyone else, showers around normally 4.00pm and last about 30 minutes, but for the most its sun,sun,sun![^][y]

I second what G-VROY has said[^]
Virgin Atlantic