#14345 by Wolves27
08 Aug 2006, 15:39
Hello, does anybody have any information about what Orlando is like in Mid February to Early March.
Thinking of going at this time and its an unknown quantity as we've always been september october (when weather is pleasant and crowds have never been too bad).
I know its a bit of a variable issue, but on the whole how does time time weather and crowds wise fare with Sept/Oct?

cheers!

Dean
#131444 by wood07
08 Aug 2006, 15:56
We went in Feb this year and it was great. Crowds were low provided you avoid the week of President's Day which is 19 Feb 2007 - see here.

The weather was also very good in the 70/80s every day with little rain but a bit cooler at night - weather stats.

Would definitely go again at this time of year.
#131450 by maz
08 Aug 2006, 16:11
We went from 23rd Feb for 2 weeks the last 2 years. We enjoyed that time of year. The weather was cooler in 2005 but still shorts and tees every day apart from 2 wet days. My shoulders got burnt! It was cool early and late. This year it was hotter - almost reaching 90deg some days, and only one showery day. Not humid at all!! We had a couple of cold evenings though when we were staying late at MK and for Fantasmic!
Crowds levels were really good apart from weekends, but Spring breakers were just beginning to arrive when we left. We purposefully arrived at the end of Presidents day week to miss those crowds!
We would certainly go again at that time of year.
#131455 by MarkJ
08 Aug 2006, 16:35
We went late January one year and the only thing that is really worth worrying about is water temperature in pools that are not heated!! We stayed at the Dolphin and one of their pools was not heated - but interestingly the water at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon was heated - so thats cool ( or rather its warm:D)

So if you like swimming then check out whether the pool is heated at your hotel/villa /tent.
#131484 by Treelo
08 Aug 2006, 19:15
Dean, so far as I am concerned, Orlando is fabulous any time of the year. Personally I prefer the end of Apr beginning of May when the weather makes the heating of pools unnecessary, but Feb/Mar is good too. You might need a sweater for any night time excursions though. Enjoy :)
#131510 by tallprawn
08 Aug 2006, 21:34
The most important factor for me is the queues - I just hate standing in line!!!!! [8D]

Animal Kindgom had just opened when I last got down to Orlando. How long ago was that [:0] - I must get back soon....:D That trip was during March - Longest queue was approx 10 minutes.

Temperature was very pleasant, as advised by a previous post you will need clothing for cool evenings. Funnily, I never noticed the water temperature. Feb/March definitely beats May-Sept hands down in my opinion.
#131525 by maz
08 Aug 2006, 22:42
You will certainly have a longer queue in AK these days. EE draws a big crowd. Go early and you should be ok though.
#131583 by DragonLady
09 Aug 2006, 07:11
Originally posted by Wolves27
Hello, does anybody have any information about what Orlando is like in Mid February to Early March.
Thinking of going at this time and its an unknown quantity as we've always been september october (when weather is pleasant and crowds have never been too bad).
I know its a bit of a variable issue, but on the whole how does time time weather and crowds wise fare with Sept/Oct?

cheers!

Dean
#131584 by DragonLady
09 Aug 2006, 07:14
Originally posted by DragonLady

cheers!
Oops wrong button- the only thing i'd add is that Mid Feb is usually UK half term (so the prices tend to rise for those couple of weeks and there might be a bigger number of UK visitors than a few weeks later).The weather is nice though.

Dean

#131617 by Wolves27
09 Aug 2006, 11:14
Do any of our american freinds know when Spring Break is next year, and for how long it lasts?
Thanks for all the comments so far guys...and hello for sunny cheap and cheerful Benidorm [8D]

Dean
#131645 by Neil
09 Aug 2006, 13:50
Do any of our american freinds know when Spring Break is next year, and for how long it lasts?
Thanks for all the comments so far guys...and hello for sunny cheap and cheerful Benidorm [8D]

Dean

Dean, if you look here at the US Embassy web page then it should give you the info you need.

Neil:)
#131715 by DragonLady
09 Aug 2006, 17:38
[quote]Originally posted by DragonLady

Oops wrong button- the only thing i'd add is that Mid Feb is usually UK half term (so the prices tend to rise for those couple of weeks and there might be a bigger number of UK visitors than a few weeks later).The weather is nice though.

As you can see I was struggling this morning..
Virgin Atlantic