#17038 by DragonLady
07 Jan 2007, 00:01
Whilst in Typhoon Lagoon yesterday we were advised by staff that it will be closing after today for a two month refurb.Blizzard Beach has been closed for a while too (again for refurb) and re-opens tomorrow.Don't know if they'll be adding any rides or making the "big wave" any bigger at Typhoon Lagoon as the staff didn't seem to know too much.
Julie
#153424 by Stevieboy
07 Jan 2007, 04:08
This happens every year. One of them gets shut Nov/Dec, the other Jan/Feb.
Normally they reopen without any major changes just a general tidy and a lick of paint.
-Steve
#153707 by alanjones
09 Jan 2007, 09:18
Aye, I remember River Country from my childhood years! It might have been small, but was still a good day out. Personally we don't even bother with Blizzard Beach these days either, we just prefer the whole atmosphere of Typhoon Lagoon, plus my wife will go on most things at Typhoon, and hardly anything at Blizzard Beach. We always go in the summer, but these closures do seem to be an annual occurence, was it during the winter closure last year that they installled the Crush'n'Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon?
#153767 by DragonLady
09 Jan 2007, 14:27
No changes to report to Blizzard Beach having gone there on Sunday (first day of re-opening)- exactly the same as last year and not even any noticeable licks of paint.In fact it looked pretty scruffy for a park that had been closed for a spruce up.The sun loungers /chairs hadn't even been cleaned and were absolutely filthy (which ended up all over the towels and us).Inflatables for some of the rides were in scarce supply as well so the queues for some of the rides became lenghty very quickly because of this. Summit Plummet was as manic as ever and we lasted about 3 hours before getting fed up and heading off home. I too much prefer Typhoon Lagoon -far less frantic an atmosphere (and the alpine/yodelling type music at Blizzard Beach does my head in).
#155851 by FV75
19 Jan 2007, 10:28
The only difference that I noticed was the car park had been resurfaced. Made me feel better as I hurtled down Summit Plummet at 58 mph.
#155949 by Wolves27
19 Jan 2007, 19:18
That would be the first thing I would be thinking off as I hurtled down Summit Plumet :D
Virgin Atlantic