#18771 by Scorpio
11 Apr 2007, 17:00
Hi all,

Managed to get flights over Christmas to Orlanod and looking for any tips etc.

We are taking our 5 year old & our 2 year old this time as we last went as a couple in 2001.

Where are the best places to go etc?

Any tips would be gratefully received

Ger xx
#166995 by jilly
11 Apr 2007, 18:59
Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP)will be on when you are there - check out Allearsnet.com they should have details but I think you have to call Disney direct for tickets and not sure if they have been released yet.

Also check out Gaylord Palms as they have a lovely ice show which would be great for the 5 year old. They also have various restaurants in there and are open Christmas Day too. It's situated off exit 65 of the I4.

I haven't been myself but am told The Renaissance Resort does a great Christmas Day brunch (opposite seaworld)

If I think of anything else I'll post again.

Jilly
#167067 by FamilyMan
12 Apr 2007, 00:05
Originally posted by motherger
Hi all,

We are taking our 5 year old & our 2 year old this time as we last went as a couple in 2001.

Ger xx

No immediate tips spring to mind - but will think about them. Just a coincidence that we will also be there at Christmas with our 5 and 2 year olds :)

Phil FM
#167136 by MarkJ
12 Apr 2007, 14:10
Originally posted by motherger
Hi all,

Ger xx

Check out this web site -= plenty of tips and info re Christmas at the House of Mouse and in Orlando. The main thing would appear to be that the Parks are "dressed" in all the Christmas trimmings and look great but do get very busy to the point of the car parks being full ( and therefore the parks are technically "closed") over the holiday period.
#167146 by AlecK
12 Apr 2007, 15:06
Have been the last 2 Xmas/Ny hols. It's brillant atmosphere but the best tip is get up and get in the parks early. We were in Mk Xmas day at 7.30am did loads of rides before leaving at 11 when it started to get very packed.

loads of info here at http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk
Virgin Atlantic