#236125 by kkempton
28 May 2005, 10:44
Just thaught that I dsay that this is an excelent servfice, as it saves on the queues at MCO.
Also, I will say that Ive heard about Travel City Direct trialing a copy cat scheme just like Virgins. Although these are rumours, it wouldnt surprise me. But judging by TCD's ratings, wouldnt surpirse me if the luggage went missing!!!
Anyone got views on this? Anyone ever had problems at Downtown disney?
#299283 by HighFlyer
28 May 2005, 11:12
I used it in March and found it very quick and easy - and they even gave us PE exit row seats without asking!. Will certainly be using it next time we go to MCO!
#299286 by David
28 May 2005, 11:30
This is a fantastic service - always use when possible. Its great to get your boarding passes at half nine in the morning and then wonder to the airport in the early evening.

Only problem is it cuts out the shopping on your last day[;)]

Never had more than 2 people in the queue.

regards

David
#299294 by AlanA
28 May 2005, 13:34
The only problem I have encountered is that they did not have the sexy UC boarding passes or luggage tags, so we had plain old red Boarding cards, which caused the 'Are you sure you are in the right queue?' at MCO.
#299338 by jilly
29 May 2005, 05:32
Kevin I can confirm that travel city direct are now offering an off airport check in.
My parents flew to meet me in florida on a My Travel Flight (booked on line thru' Cosmos)and their invoice gave a number for confirming their return flight. I rang the number for them and it was a voice recording from TCD giving info. on their new service. It started on May 12th and check in is at the LBV factory Stores office.

Jilly
#299375 by kkempton
29 May 2005, 21:52
Thanks for the info. I can tblame them, it is such a great service. Sure in years to come all the companies will proberly be doing it, but we will know who started it all. Another first from Virgin.

Kev.
#299657 by FamilyMan
31 May 2005, 16:51
I used it a couple of weeks ago and very pleasant it was too.

Saved us lugging 8 check-ins into the terminal although we still had car seats and push chairs to check-in there as we needed to keep them with us to the airport.

Very efficient - although no reserved spot for unloading car. Even provided us with invitation to Delta lounge - although we arrived a bit too late to make use of it.

Anything that means less time at MCO is good with me.

Phil (Buffy)
#299713 by Tim
31 May 2005, 22:24
We used in on May 25th.
No queues.
Nice to get rid of the luggage early on.
Piece of mind knowing that you have checked in and that your pre-booked seats are still yours.
A definate recommendation to others even if you are not booked through VH and you have to pay the $5.
#302407 by sonic
25 Jun 2005, 15:27
so let me get this right, i can go to downtown disney and check in my baggage (but no the pushchair) in the morning, run around silly all day and play in disney then take me and the gang to MCO for my flight, only queing to check in the Pushchair?
#302409 by FamilyMan
25 Jun 2005, 16:19
You can check everything in if you want including the pushchair. We chose to keep the car seats as they were our own and we obviously needed them. If you only have the pushchair don't bother about queuing at check-in - take it to the gate with you, we did this anyway.

It's a blast and much easier than lugging everything from car hire into the terminal.

Phil (Buffy)
#302418 by Dave Adkins
25 Jun 2005, 17:00
I second all the above. We always use DDCI talk about a lifesaver. If you do buy anything more that will not fit into your hand luggage you can of course check it in when you get to MCO. But that said it is still the best way to start the last day of the holiday.
#303082 by Matt
30 Jun 2005, 22:29
Another great tip on this subject. The last few times we've used DTDCI (back in the hotel days), we would go check-in, then off to a water park for the day.

Tiers out the kids for the flight home, and they have shower and changing facilities to use before heading out to the airport.[;)]

Matt
#328133 by JohnD
18 Jan 2006, 21:21
Question - with 7 off us travelling do all 7 have to be present? If so
what if we manage OLCI - can we bag drop at Downtown and again do we all need to be present?

Ta
#328160 by David
18 Jan 2006, 22:55
If you use Downtown check in, all passengers complete with all bags need to be present.

The hand luggage thing mystifies me, as who doesn't squeeze in some last min shopping when you have an afternoon to kill[;)]

David
#336437 by JohnD
23 Feb 2006, 20:06
Used it on Monday - exellent service - even managed to blag 7 pax into the PE que on a single Silver card :)
#431432 by David
11 Jan 2008, 22:28
Just dragging this thread back to life again [:w]

Checked in this morning and was treated like royalty. Straight to the front of the queue, invitation to Crown Room issued without asking, bags tagged upper (only traveling p/e but still hoping for the 'Bleep') and she even tried to get the rest of the troop, sister and family, through without paying the $10 pp.

Gave us a lounge invite for 5 (3 adults and 2 children) and was very nice generally. [:0]

Maybe things are starting to change for the better.

David [:)]
#431441 by Guest
11 Jan 2008, 23:44
Great news David. I certainly plan to use it next month when we (my tribe of 5 pax) check into UCS

HG
Virgin Atlantic