#403084 by thelaceys
17 Apr 2007, 19:49
Thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragment. I don't think there is any chance in this world that I might even consider going for a ride and no way will I be putting my face into the water to snorkel. I dont even face the shower, I'm so bad. My daughter swims at the University in Leeds and they have adult lessons there but I'm too scared to even go and try that probably to do with the swimming instructor who threw me into the deep end as a child and you know the rest!

I really will try to enjoy the day and you never know I might suprise myself we will see [:)]

Susan
#407600 by porsche911
24 May 2007, 11:20
I have booked DC for 8th June and am loking forward to it. Both my girls are strong swimmers (9 and 12 yrs old) and cannot wait for their swim with these wonderful creatures -
#429002 by catsilversword
16 Dec 2007, 18:51
The discovery cove site looks as though entrance price also includes to Seaworld or Busch Gardens - am I reading this wrongly???
#429003 by Guest
16 Dec 2007, 19:06
IS this a one day trip ? Want to swim with dolphins (well the children do) but dont want a 2 day + trip.
#429005 by Decker
16 Dec 2007, 19:14
It's one day and it does
#429006 by Guest
16 Dec 2007, 19:18
Thanks - I had better get it booked then
#429086 by catsilversword
17 Dec 2007, 06:40
Originally posted by thelaceys
Thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragment. I don't think there is any chance in this world that I might even consider going for a ride and no way will I be putting my face into the water to snorkel. I dont even face the shower, I'm so bad. My daughter swims at the University in Leeds and they have adult lessons there but I'm too scared to even go and try that probably to do with the swimming instructor who threw me into the deep end as a child and you know the rest!

I really will try to enjoy the day and you never know I might suprise myself we will see [:)]

Susan

I understand your considerable, if irrational, fear. I have a water-based fear as well - while I have no difficulty with putting my face under water, I simply can't open my eyes while doing so, even with goggles. Seeing underwater terrifies me - especially drains - I have a total phobia of the things, to the point where not only will I not go anywhere near them, but if I can't see them or know just where they are, I can't bring myself to get into a pool.

Which is beyond ridiculous, I know.... I love, absolutely love swimming and used to swim competitively when i was younger, but the fear has just grwon and grown. My only expelanation is that maybe I drowned in a previous life. I've never yet met anyone else with such a daft fear....
Virgin Atlantic