#253444 by miopyk
01 Mar 2008, 16:57
I need some help. We're going to Orlando in October and staying in the Hard Rock Hotel. Now before we went to Jamaica a couple of weeks ago Universal were still offering a 'buy two days get 7 consecutive days access to IOA and US' for I think $89.99 per adult + tax.

Now when I go into the site it automatically defaults to the UK visitor page which is offering 'buy two days get 3 days access to both parks' which must be used within 14 days of first admission. But get this for a whopping $117 +tax

The site refuses to let me access any of the other ticket options, for example FL residents, it just defaults to the UK page at each try. I'm guessing it knows I'm on a UK ISP and so gives me the page it wants rather than the one I want.

My question comes in two parts. First, could one of you lovely people across the pond access the site and see if the buy 2 get 7 offer is still available on one of the other ticketing pages. Second if it is how can I access those pages without it keep defaulting to the UK page?

Thanks in anticipation.

Miopyk[8D]

Moved to Theme park forum by mod..... Nick
#436831 by contractor
01 Mar 2008, 17:37
linky link link please....[:)]
#436833 by miopyk
01 Mar 2008, 17:54
OK with a bit of trial and error I've answered my own question.

In short Universal are ripping it's UK customers off by forcing them to buy a more expensive ticket ($117.00) than they are offering to the rest of the known world ($86.98) and you get 4 days less access.

This is the page for UK residents which they force you down

http://www.universalorlando.co.uk/tickets.html

Fortunately if you use the following link you can buy the better value tickets.

Myopic's value link.

This really annoys me as it is a simple cynical screw the brits attitude. Anyway I just bought the better value tickets and have had the confirmation email for them as well so feel free to do the same and give the finger to whichever Studio exec dreamed up this idea.

Miopyk[8D]

Edit to shorten link.... Nick
#436836 by Decker
01 Mar 2008, 18:05
Or use an anonymizer service and it'll look as though you're coming from the US in any case :)
#436837 by Neil
01 Mar 2008, 18:20
You have to remember that companies do offer different deals/offers to different countries residents all the time including VS.

For us, when we go, only having access for 7 days from the first day of use is not what we wanted, we wanted full flexibility so we decided not to go with that option but to buy a 'deal' that was offered 'exclusively' for UK customers.

I get your point and really you would like Universal to offer the same deals to everyone but it just doesn't work like that, if they can sell a good amount of the UK offers quite easily then why would/should they offer the cheaper deals? Why do Apple sell iPods cheaper in the states then they do in the UK? Just the way it is I guess.

Neil
#436839 by miopyk
01 Mar 2008, 18:41
Originally posted by Neil
You have to remember that companies do offer different deals/offers to different countries residents all the time including VS.

For us, when we go, only having access for 7 days from the first day of use is not what we wanted, we wanted full flexibility so we decided not to go with that option but to buy a 'deal' that was offered 'exclusively' for UK customers.

I get your point and really you would like Universal to offer the same deals to everyone but it just doesn't work like that, if they can sell a good amount of the UK offers quite easily then why would/should they offer the cheaper deals? Why do Apple sell iPods cheaper in the states then they do in the UK? Just the way it is I guess.

Neil

I think you're missing the point Neil. Before, you had the ability to of choose which tickets you wanted and as you point out you opted for those that met your needs. Now, if you are from the UK, you can only choose the UK option. If my experience is correct, the other tickets are unavailable to UK residents unless you find a way around their system.

Since the UK option is $30 more expensive I can only conclude that there is an element of profiteering going on unless people think the additional flexibility is worth this amount. Of course I could be wrong and Universal may actually be doing me a favour by not offering me a choice and charging me more money for what I believe is a poorer value option.

Miopyk[8D]
Virgin Atlantic