#255033 by fozzyo
29 Jun 2008, 23:42
I'm gutted by this ... I've loved our nights out at Pleasure Island! Great music, great clubs, great laughs at the Adventurers Club. :(

BET SoundStage Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, 8Trax and three other clubs that have for years catered largely to young, single adults -- rather than to Disney's bread-and-butter family market -- will close after Sept. 27.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business ... 7595.story

God knows what we'll do on a Thursday night now.

Mat xx
[:0]
#447033 by n/a
30 Jun 2008, 00:02
Originally posted by fozzyo
I'm gutted by this ... I've loved our nights out at Pleasure Island! Great music, great clubs, great laughs at the Adventurers Club. :(

BET SoundStage Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, 8Trax and three other clubs that have for years catered largely to young, single adults -- rather than to Disney's bread-and-butter family market -- will close after Sept. 27.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business ... 7595.story

God knows what we'll do on a Thursday night now.

Mat xx
[:0]

There's always the baths, Mary...

GJ
#447040 by Jeffers555
30 Jun 2008, 08:14
What a shame to see this place close.

We always loved the Adventurers Club but PI was never the same after they stopped the nightly New Years Eve party a few years ago.

Oh well things can't stay the same forever.
#447043 by Wolves27
30 Jun 2008, 09:04
Anyone would think its *only* families that holiday in Disney!
#447045 by RichardMannion
30 Jun 2008, 10:26
Disney do seem to be losing the plot a bit in recent years - Universal is clearly going to clean up here with it's offerings at CityWalk.

As for the pricing structure of tickets as Disney - well.
#447046 by 2Tinks
30 Jun 2008, 10:37
As a Disney AP holder and DVC owner, i'm not too bothered about it closing, i'd rather see more dining options given how crazy the ADR situation is now. The half dozen times i've been to PI it's been mediocre at best. The AC is okay, but i'm not a huge fan and won't be signing petitions to save it! With what's there now they can't compete with Citywalk. Better to have a few adult lounges placed throughout the property like Rix IMHO.
#450651 by bungy
14 Aug 2008, 21:07
i am the same an ap holder and dvc member ,PI was a great place to get away from the regular 'disney'
sure i like city walk but its $35-$40 each way in a cab from disney makes the night out a bit hard on the pocket
is there anything planed for the last night ?? i hope so as its the last night of my trip so vs076 will be rough if there is a big party on

regards bungy
vs075 11th sept 28 days to go
Virgin Atlantic