#449659 by Neil
01 Aug 2008, 16:38
There are a couple of other threads on this in this Disney Forum (quite a way back but there are that many pages tbh), but I would suggest maybe a look over on The Dibb, there are numerous threads including questions/reviews etc and they are a very helpful bunch. Also on the site allears.net there are again numerous reviews etc.

From what we have read we are doing this when we go back in Feb, just remember that it is strictly for ages 16+ so not to spoil any of the Disney magic for the little ones.

Neil
#449661 by HighFlyer
01 Aug 2008, 16:57
We did 'Backstage Magic' in September 2006. Must say it was definitely worth it if you are interested in how things work and an overview on what a well oiled machine Disney is. It did take a little of the magic away but was really interesting and i would definitely do it again. The guides are veteran employees and know an awful lot about their company so you can ask them practically anything.

This review should give you a good overview of what the day holds in store.

The most memorable part for Richard and I were the Utilidors (amazing underground corridor network) and the 'appearance' notice board showing photos of each 'role' (i.e; Pirate, Princess, janitor, etc) with a 'do you look like this?' slogan and notes on how short/long your hair could be, what colour your hair could be, how many earrings you were allowed and so forth. Fascinating stuff.

Thanks,
Sarah
#449663 by fozzyo
01 Aug 2008, 17:03
Be aware there are several different tours you can do, the full one day looks amazing that Sarah mentions - we are hoping to do that one ourselves very soon.
#449684 by RichardMannion
01 Aug 2008, 21:06
The Backstage Magic tour is very, very good. It's a full day and includes a good lunch too.

All I would say is book in advance, as there are only so many people per day they will allow on the tour - seem to remember it being around the 16 mark. It is $200, but you are filling a full day (from just before 9am until 5pm) and includes lunch and drinks throughout the day. You don't have to have a separate ticket for this particular tour.
#449780 by musicmanbrain
03 Aug 2008, 22:08
Thanks for that - thats my partners Christmas pressie sorted then!! lol.
#450098 by Gavin
07 Aug 2008, 22:57
If you have an annual pass you save 15% off the tour cost. There are a few other tours such as Keys to the Kingdom where you have a tour of the Magic kingdom get to go back stage and see the utiladoors, think that one is about $60 including a fast food type lunch.

There are also a few in EPCOT and Aminal Kingdom as well. I used to work in EPCOT so that place is rather special too me[:D]
#450486 by bungy
12 Aug 2008, 21:17
been on the back tour 3 times now
the last time in 06 and it was the same as in the review above
i was told it was going to change in the spring of 07 bit on my last vist in may 07 still the same
i lurked around main street at 3 pm as the tour came to see the parade i asked the guide has it changed not as yet but soon (soon with disney = not a clue)
i am there in 4 weeks and plan to take it if changed it is fab and you see some of the great tricks they pull

have a good one
bungy
Virgin Atlantic