#257991 by northernhenry
06 Feb 2009, 15:03
Buy through VH & gain some miles? (assuming you can buy just attraction tickets?)
Buy online direct?
Buy through broker (suggestions?) Sheraton Vistana have option of minor discount via onsite booking lobby
Cheeky outlet that some of you guys may know about?
Take a punt on somewhere, loose my cash ?!!

Avoid all together and sit by the pool & let mini NH play with Lego.

Any suggestions

NH
#707377 by Neil
06 Feb 2009, 15:20
I would have a good hunt round the net. Companies like Attraction tickets Direct are usually pretty much as cheap as they come, but I know prices have gone through the roof in the last few months (we paid 169 for 14 day ultimate in November, now they are around the 230 mark). Not sure you can just buy tickets from VH, think you might have to have booked part of your holiday with them (although ISTBC on this one)

Also, look at sites like Viator, there prices are ok but you can usually find a good 7/10% discount code on the net that makes them the cheapest.

The Dibb usually has 1000's of threads created in the last 5minutes on this subject in the tickets forum so it might be worth having a look on there too.

Neil
#707382 by Jeffers555
06 Feb 2009, 15:33
My advice would be to shop around but definately buy in the UK as there are tickets available here for 10 or 14 days that you can't get in the U.S.[:D]
Disney tickets never used to expire but now they have an expiry date usually 14 days after first use. If you have unused days left you can convert your ticket to a non expiry one by visiting Guest Services at any park. The cost is somewhere in the region of $60.[y]

Have a great time.
#707384 by jilly
06 Feb 2009, 15:51
You can buy just attraction tickets with VH if you wish and their prices are pretty competitive especially if you want the extra miles.

Also try Charter Travel, I think they have been the cheapest recently at 199 for the 14 day ultimate from March this year whereas VH is 215.

Depends how much you want the miles, what type of tickets you need and your date of travel but I think the last time I looked they were the best value.

Both of them do send vouchers rather than actual tickets though, but it's no hassle to change them at the gates.

Even though I go to MCO all the time I vary rarely do Disney as I still prefer to sit by the pool although I don't have any Lego [:D]

Jilly
#707390 by RichardMannion
06 Feb 2009, 16:15
Disney Ticket prices are a strange commodity - UK people are pushed down the 'Ultimate' path to buy tickets 7/14/21 day tickets, where as there are often other options available.

I don't want to spend everyday in a Disney park, and not everyone goes to Orlando for 2 weeks. We tend to go for a week or less at a time, and can easily do the attractions we want to do in 2 days by hopping between the parks. Disney got wise to this a few years ago and now you have to buy the 'days never expire' option if you buying via the US route.

On our last trip I bought 7 day tickets that never expire, with the park hop option - they were about $300 each via corporate discount. We used 2 days whilst we were there, so have 5 days left that we can use on future visits. The place where we picked up our tickets is online here: http://www.orlandofuntickets.com/ they are showing some discounts.
#707391 by northernhenry
06 Feb 2009, 16:21
quote:Originally posted by jilly
Depends how much you want the miles, what type of tickets you need and your date of travel but I think the last time I looked they were the best value.
Jilly

Thanks,
Found a link for attraction tickets on VH, so assumed you could..
We're only after the 3 day hopper passes, mini NH only 3.5, and have seaworld & Mrs NH's shopping to get in within the wk.[:O]
The 3 day hopper seemed to work best last yr, as only certain selection of stuff in some of the parks suitable for her age, so end up flitting between them. Big kids like NH will just fits in around this...[}:)]
#707402 by Scrooge
06 Feb 2009, 18:39
It's been a couple of years since I was in the Land of the 6ft Rat, but don't they also offer 1 year passes for very little more than a normal 1 day pass ?

Where is Tink when we need her ?
#707404 by David
06 Feb 2009, 18:52
quote:Originally posted by Scrooge
It's been a couple of years since I was in the Land of the 6ft Rat, but don't they also offer 1 year passes for very little more than a normal 1 day pass ?

[y][y] yes, check out the price of the annual pass. (we get a great dvc discount, which unfortunately isn't transferable)

I don't know what the calculation is with all the changes that have taken place, but it used to be something along the lines of 10 days. ie if you were going anymore than 10 days it was cheaper to get an annual pass.

You also get some nice discounts with your ap - one of them 10% in the huge Disney store in downtown.

David
#707407 by Scrooge
06 Feb 2009, 19:29
Ok, I just checked the annual pass price, $359.00 [:0]

As much as I hate to say this, check thedibb.com may be your best place to look.....Just don't drink the cool aid [V]
#707411 by Guest
06 Feb 2009, 20:09

As much as I hate to say this, check thedibb.com may be your best place to look.....Just don't drink the cool aid [V]

[}:)]Yes if anywhere can give the information, the Dibb can.

Hey Mr i am a Dibb Member [}:)][:p]
#707412 by Scrooge
06 Feb 2009, 20:27
quote:Originally posted by Catherine

And I am banned [y]
#707419 by Guest
06 Feb 2009, 20:51

And I am banned [y]

Your not !!. That made me giggle. [y]. Ooh yes i did see a banner saying ' Keep Scrooge OUT'. Mickey mouse hater xx
#707422 by Scrooge
06 Feb 2009, 21:21
Oh yes I am, but it was fun [:D]
#707423 by Tinkerbelle
06 Feb 2009, 21:30

Am here....just!!!

Although I might visit a lot of Disney parks, the parks that I know the least about are the Orlando ones having only visited them once. [:#]
#707424 by Tinkerbelle
06 Feb 2009, 21:44
Ooh yes i did see a banner saying ' Keep Scrooge OUT'. Mickey mouse hater xx

Please post a link to that!! [^]
#707429 by Kraken
06 Feb 2009, 22:41
I always buy my Florida theme park tickets from http://www.americanattractions.co.uk/ and have generally found them to be very competitive on price. American Attractions sell real tickets, not vouchers & are cheaper than Virgin Holidays.

I will admit, I am no fan of the Mouse, so am still working my way through a 5 day Hopper pass (unused days never expire) bought in 2004. What amazed me last November was how busy all the Disney parks were in the 1st week of November (very low season) compared to the Universal parks.

James
#707433 by David
06 Feb 2009, 22:55

Annual pass is actually $469 premium annual pass which includes water parks etc is $599

makes it worse[:w]

David
#707434 by DragonLady
06 Feb 2009, 22:58
quote:Originally posted by Kraken

I will admit, I am no fan of the Mouse, so am still working my way through a 5 day Hopper pass (unused days never expire) bought in 2004.

[oo][oo]And there was me thinking that we were the social pariahs (7 day never expire Hoppers with Water Park passes issued in 2005 that still have days and several water park admissions to run). [:)].
#707439 by Tinkerbelle
06 Feb 2009, 23:18
When I was there two years ago, I just bought my tickets at the gate. Then when we decided to do another day in the park at the end of the week, they added a third day onto our two day tickets.
#707441 by jilly
06 Feb 2009, 23:57
Trouble is, over the last couple of years gate prices have increased significantly

One day park ticket $84.88
Two day $163.69
Three day $225.28

and with the above you can only visit one park on one day i.e. no hopping.

Makes the other tickets and annual passes good value if you visit more than once in a year.

I wont be going again unless it's my birthday as you can get a free day then by showing your passport or similar at the gate.

Jilly
#707444 by jubjubbird
07 Feb 2009, 09:51
A friend of mine went last year, and he hunted around for the best price.

It was actually cheaper directly from the Disney Store (UK Shop) than anywhere else he could find. May be worth investigating.
#707447 by chumba
07 Feb 2009, 12:44
Having been every year for the last 10 (i know big kid at heart). 2 years ago i found http://www.mousesavers.com similair to the DIBB but if you sign up to their monthly free newsletter you get a link to undercover tourist where they sell all the tickets at a further discount for mousesavers members,

Undercover tourist i have found to be the cheapest than any other sites or agencies. Also if they can't beat the park themselves they tell you to buy your tickets from the park ! Last year seaworld had an offer from their website that undercover tourist couldn't beat so their web site advised peopl to buy direct.
#722154 by Nemmie
04 Aug 2009, 10:21
A quick FYI ticket prices went up last Sunday even though attendance is still down as have been for a long time.
If you need to renew your annual pass anytime soon now is a great time as they currently have 15 months for the price of 12 (Universal are doing the exact same things and have been for a couple of months now). Unfortunately ours don't run out until January.
Virgin Atlantic