#259100 by jubjubbird
10 May 2009, 06:56
I am contemplating a visit to Universal when in LA, and was wondering if the front of the line pass would be necessary. It's currently $105 direct from Universal (~70). (standard ticket is $68)

We are flying into LA on June 4th, and would only be able to go Fri 5th, Sat 6th or Sun 7th. Guess the weekend would be busier so would probably go for the Friday.

How busy is it likely to be?

Cheers
#714631 by stevebrass
10 May 2009, 10:00
No experience of LA, but my experience with Orlando Universal parks is that June is generally a quietish but as you say weekends do get busier.

So perhaps a front of line isn't needed.

Having said that, it is always nice not to have to queue.................
#714635 by TikiJon
10 May 2009, 10:35
Hi there,

Have been to Universal Hollywood at the weekend and it was much busier than weekdays. More locals taking their kids, same as Disneyland. But maybe June won't be so bad.

Front of Line could well be worth it if only to go back on some things quickly if you want to such as Jurassic Park. If you're gonna get wet...
Have a great time
#714648 by RichardMannion
10 May 2009, 12:13
Sarah and I did the Front of Line 'Express' Pass option in late 2005 during the busy post-Christmas season. It worked very well indeed, and saved us many an hour queuing. They were $99 each if I recall when we went, with an offer that also gave you a free annual pass to use the following year (not that we used them).

Never been in June to LA, but I'd say that Friday would be quieter day compared to the weekend.

Thanks,
Richard
#714683 by Scrooge
10 May 2009, 16:57
As Tikijohn says, weekends at any of the LA parks are insane, grab the pass, the cost sucks but you will be thankful by the end of the day.
#714712 by miopyk
10 May 2009, 23:02
We went to the Universal Park in Hollywood last July on a Friday and it was quite busy. We used the Front of Line passes all day and got to do all the rides and shows we wanted when we wanted.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Miopyk[8D]
#716125 by jubjubbird
27 May 2009, 08:46
Waited, and sorted these out at the weekend. Glad I did as the Front Of The Line passes went down to $94.99 each. 2 tickets purchased.

Thanks for the input.
#717152 by jubjubbird
06 Jun 2009, 07:47
If anyone cares, I used these today (Friday) The park wasn't exactly busy, but the most of the rides was a 10 to 15 minute wait by the end of the day. The Front of line pass was worth it in my opinion, as it also meant the shows got you first entry and reserved seating.

Waterworld was excellent, and I was also inpressed with the T2, and the Mummy ride.
#717177 by TikiJon
06 Jun 2009, 13:28
Useful to know, glad you had a good time. T2 is really good, been on that one loads of times. Jurassic Park is OK too - did you do the new Simpsons ride?
#717185 by Tinkerbelle
06 Jun 2009, 13:37
quote:Originally posted by jubjubbird

Waterworld was excellent, and I was also inpressed with the T2, and the Mummy ride.

Have you been to Universal in Orlando? The Mummy ride is very different with regards to the actual ride and theming and a lot better [8D]
#717191 by miopyk
06 Jun 2009, 13:51
Glad you enjoyed it, we thought it was a great way to see the park as well. We thought the best bit was the back lot tour. A lot of history there and a real treat if you're a movie fan like me. We were there not long after the fire they had last year which destroyed the town square used in the Back to the Future films and they were in the process of clearing the debris away.

They said that they were going to rebuild it but I'm not sure if that's true, did you see any signs of that happening?

Miopyk [8D]
#717266 by jubjubbird
07 Jun 2009, 03:50
quote:Originally posted by TikiJon
Useful to know, glad you had a good time. T2 is really good, been on that one loads of times. Jurassic Park is OK too - did you do the new Simpsons ride?

Yes, forgot about that one! This too was very good. Not what I was expecting at all. Only thing was I sat at the back, and my head kept hitting the car as the frame at the back stuck out over the seat. It was padded but not much!
#717267 by jubjubbird
07 Jun 2009, 03:51
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
quote:Originally posted by jubjubbird

Have you been to Universal in Orlando? The Mummy ride is very different with regards to the actual ride and theming and a lot better [8D]

No, never been to Orlando (The only US VS destination I've not been to!)
#717268 by jubjubbird
07 Jun 2009, 03:53
quote:Originally posted by miopyk
Glad you enjoyed it, we thought it was a great way to see the park as well. We thought the best bit was the back lot tour. A lot of history there and a real treat if you're a movie fan like me. We were there not long after the fire they had last year which destroyed the town square used in the Back to the Future films and they were in the process of clearing the debris away.

They said that they were going to rebuild it but I'm not sure if that's true, did you see any signs of that happening?

Miopyk [8D]

Yes, a rebuild is in progress. [8D]
#720152 by RobL
05 Jul 2009, 09:12
We went on Sunday June 14 and had front of line passes. Did't really need them to be honest. We got there at opening and had done everything we wanted to by 1400. Compared to Universal Orlando it is very disappointing.

Having said that the Simpsons ride was good - v similar to Spiderman in Orlando. Mummy and JP good too.
Virgin Atlantic