#740648 by Neil
25 Mar 2010, 19:10
Not quite Spring as they were originally saying, no doubt a lot of unhappy May/Early June visitors. On the plus side it will be open for our trip in October!
#740652 by Pete
25 Mar 2010, 19:45
Neil wrote:Not quite Spring as they were originally saying, no doubt a lot of unhappy May/Early June visitors. On the plus side it will be open for our trip in October!

Technically Summer starts 21st June, so they are *just* in Spring for the opening... but only *just*
#740655 by willd
25 Mar 2010, 19:56
Quite a clever little thing Universal have done here. Brought in a huge brand name and redesigned a couple of public areas and then just given older rides a facelift.....
#740692 by Tinkerbelle
26 Mar 2010, 01:36
Just done some research on any new rides and all they've done is rename "The Flying Unicorn" as "Flight of the Hippogriff" - what is a Hippogriff?? ?| ?|

But they've also changed "Duelling Dragons" into "Dragon Challenge" and worst of all is changing the names of Fire Dragon and Ice Dragon to "Chinese Fireball" and "Hungarian Horntail"! WTF??!!!!

I'm gutted!! No more "fire is red and ice is blue, I'd turn back if I were you!"

:(! :(! :(! :(!
#740709 by Neil
26 Mar 2010, 08:36
I thought they had built a new ride for inside the castle, a 3D ride something along the lines of Spiderman but HP themed? I better pop over to The Dibb and see what is what.

I have also never seen the films or read the books, yet am still looking forward to visiting it when we go in October.
#740784 by Kraken
26 Mar 2010, 20:43
Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey (the ride inside Hogwarts - or rather the huge building attached to it) will be amazing. Let me say I've not even seen all of the first Harry Potter film and have not read any of the books - but this is the park that gave us the Spider-Man ride. That is 10 years old and still very highly rated & rightly so.

If you look over on the Dibb, there is a pretty good description of what the ride will do / the scenes it will take in from the films.

I head off to Florida in 6 weeks time and am hoping it will be soft-opening then - if it's not, then there is the excuse for a return visit in November :D
#740787 by Jacki
26 Mar 2010, 20:56
So will there be a plane with a new paint job called the Nimbus 2000 :w ?
#740806 by Tinkerbelle
27 Mar 2010, 02:25
Jacki wrote:So will there be a plane with a new paint job called the Nimbus 2000 :w ?

Have just had to Google "Nimbus 2000" - think I'll just stick to the Hulk coaster when I'm there - Harry Potter land will be lost on me.
#740820 by Jacki
27 Mar 2010, 09:33
Better not ask if Hedwig would qualify for miles then? ;)
#746306 by Ianf71
20 May 2010, 14:27
Been reading some reviews and looks like there are going to be a lot of unhappy people as the seats for the Forbidden Journey ride are apparently quite small.

The guy reviewing it said the test seat said 52" chest was maximum but it failed him (you get a green light for ok, red for not) yet he's sat in the same sort of seats at Disney and had loads of room - seems the seats are smaller so they can fit more on.

I've been looking forward to this for years but now looks like I won't be going to IoA at all because I am, as a couple of my clients have tactfully mentioned, built like a brick out-house.
If I can't get on the new ride pointless me going - done it to death and find Spider-Man etc. to be incredibly boring.

(oh, and for the record I have a 50" chest. Just. But still was told it was over 52" when I didn't fit into a seat at Busch Gardens in January even though I'd been fitted for a suit the day before so knew my sizes exactly)
Virgin Atlantic