#752849 by David
16 Aug 2010, 21:10
Not "really" Disney, but struggled to find a pigeon hole for this one, so mods move at your leisure.

I know we have a lot of Hilton GV fans on this site and thought you might be interested in this little "enhancement"

Unfortunately "enhancement" is along the lines of a VS enhancement.

Just finished booking for this week and was presented with an option for a "Unique Upgrade Opportunity" and a huge button that said "Request Discounted Enhancement"

Sounds good :?

You can now pick your location, including choices such as "near pool", "high floor", "near shopping mall", "near grill" etc etc - but - whats wrong with these options - they are available for a discounted rate of only an extra $5 per room per night :0 :0 :0

Oh dear, I hope this is not the start of a slippery slope.

David

(have to say, the price per night I was quoted, (without the enhancements ii) ) was great y) )
#753225 by buns
21 Aug 2010, 10:06
The place certainly gets consistently high ratings - whether I would pay for the quoted enhancements is a debatable point.

Mrs Buns and I were there at the beginning of August when it was exceptionally hot and were in Building 7 which is right behind the shopping Mall and only a short walk to the Pool across the Bridge. Both would have incurred the extra cost :?

Take advantage of the nearby Publix Supermarket and Walgreens ):

buns
#753229 by David
21 Aug 2010, 10:54
Hi Buns

Just arrived yesterday and when checking in was asked what we were doing on this trip. I mentioned sitting at the pool :D and a little shopping. "Ah, Ok, I can make that easier for you and put you in building 6"

So looks like the "ehancement" upgrades haven't reached the check-in staff yet ii)

Can think of much worse places to be for the next week or so :D

David