#782667 by cooperman
16 Jun 2011, 09:30
Hello Fellow V-Flyers.
2001 was the last time I visited the Mouse in Florida. Since then a question has been in my mind. Maybe this one has been debated before elsewhere but, I’ve never had the resources to get it answered so, given that all V-Flyers are experts on something, here goes....

If Walt Disney has more that one theme park and Goofy is at them all, which one has the real Goofy?.... :? :?
I have been debating this one long and hard and realised that maybe none of them have the real one at all and that Goofy is really a high school kid or budding actor dressed as in a Goofy outfit. ):
Anyone have any more constructive thoughts...careful now :P :P :) :)
Last edited by cooperman on 16 Jun 2011, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
#782669 by Luke085
16 Jun 2011, 09:35
This made me giggle, thought this was a serious Disney query!! LOL

Keeping on track, the real Goofy is in a retirement home! Afterall, He did make his first appearance in 1932.
#782672 by Neil
16 Jun 2011, 09:53
There is only one Goofy, he is just magic and can appear at various locations extremely quickly. Of course what I am saying is correct, because when he is in the parades he isn't doing any meet and greets, because it just isn't possible!
#782681 by mdvipond
16 Jun 2011, 10:53
Neil wrote:There is only one Goofy, he is just magic and can appear at various locations extremely quickly.

To be fair, Neil applies the same theory to department store Santas. Bless...
#782689 by flabound
16 Jun 2011, 11:45
many years ago i took my kids to Disney. as we waited to go into Mickeys house there was a queue which we followed and as we turned a corner the group in front went through a door and there was Mickey -but the door slammed in my face and then another next to it opened -and there was .....ANOTHER MICKEY !!!

the shock and realisation that there was more than one -ergo both were fakes caused emotional distress that ruined the holiday,tears ,sleepless nights ..wailing 'Mickeys not real' -it was so sad for a dream to be shattered...................................................................................................................

but I am ok now :-)

seriously -luckily the kids missed it- imagine the trauma for a 4 year old to find out the mouse aint for real !
#782693 by Jacki
16 Jun 2011, 13:11
mdvipond wrote:
Neil wrote:There is only one Goofy, he is just magic and can appear at various locations extremely quickly.

To be fair, Neil applies the same theory to department store Santas. Bless...

That's an easy one that my children understood as soon as they were old enough to ask the question - the real santa is in Harrods, all the others are his younger brothers :w It's regularly thrown back at me along with the ice cream van that only plays music when it has run out :0
#782720 by Jacki
16 Jun 2011, 16:20
tontybear wrote:Jackie did you also tell them it was against the rules for Children to travel in any other cabin than economy!!

I did used to say the captain made very badly behaved children sit on the toilet and flushed them out of the plane - luckily Social Services weren't invented then! One poor child must have spent a while in the loo and my daughter Charlotte started looking out of the window for them! :D
#782724 by tontybear
16 Jun 2011, 16:30
Well that is better than why my mum told us that she was allergic to flying so no foreign holiday to Spain etc. Amazing thing was that as soon as we were old enough to go away on our own that her allergy cleared up !! Again no social services foe us to complain to lol
#782734 by Jacki
16 Jun 2011, 18:06
Tinkerbelle wrote:With a sprinkle of Pixie Dust!!

Pixie dust (actually hundreds and thousands) went on vegetables so they finished their meals! The amazing thing is they haven't turned out too badly! :D
#790741 by gilly
09 Sep 2011, 09:21
flabound wrote:many years ago i took my kids to Disney. as we waited to go into Mickeys house there was a queue which we followed and as we turned a corner the group in front went through a door and there was Mickey -but the door slammed in my face and then another next to it opened -and there was .....ANOTHER MICKEY !!!

the shock and realisation that there was more than one -ergo both were fakes caused emotional distress that ruined the holiday,tears ,sleepless nights ..wailing 'Mickeys not real' -it was so sad for a dream to be shattered...................................................................................................................

but I am ok now :-)

seriously -luckily the kids missed it- imagine the trauma for a 4 year old to find out the mouse aint for real !

Imagine how traumatised we were when, while doing the backstage tour, we saw Mickey without her head - and smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#790800 by chumba
09 Sep 2011, 22:14
I had a real surreal experience with Goofy about 5 years ago. We had gone to Disneyland Paris, and were staying in the Newport Bay Club.

I was waiting for the lift, as the doors opened there was Goofy dressed as a lift attendant, he beckoned me in and i said "2 please" he pressed the button for floor 2 and up we went.

Doors opened i walked out and he waved to me, and for some reason i waved back at him !

They must have been short of staff that day to get the characters to help out. :)

Still can't believe it happened. :D
#790801 by cooperman
09 Sep 2011, 22:22
chumba wrote:I had a real surreal experience with Goofy about 5 years ago. We had gone to Disneyland Paris, and were staying in the Newport Bay Club.

I was waiting for the lift, as the doors opened there was Goofy dressed as a lift attendant, he beckoned me in and i said "2 please" he pressed the button for floor 2 and up we went.

Doors opened i walked out and he waved to me, and for some reason i waved back at him !

They must have been short of staff that day to get the characters to help out. :)

Still can't believe it happened. :D

So maybe he IS real after all with a REAL job as a lift boy.. :0 You all really don't know the worry I've had about him being in a costume..WOW! ?|
#791071 by cooperman
13 Sep 2011, 17:49
Thanks Tinkerbelle..it confirms my deepthoughts all along and gets rid of my original worry. y)

This IS the real goofy...a kid in a Goofy costume AND a bellhop uniform just wouldn't be able to walk around the park! 8D
#791072 by tontybear
13 Sep 2011, 17:50
Tinkerbelle wrote:Well Goofy does own a hotel bellhop uniform!

Am not sure I'd trust him with my bags though !
Virgin Atlantic