#820794 by bigshow82
22 Aug 2012, 16:46
I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in this villa before or near by?

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kissimmee/7089

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRe ... orida.html

I am thinking of booking it for my family and there are no reviews as of yet. Does anyone have any idea if its any good or if its a nice area? Other villas in Cumbrian Lakes seem to have good reviews.

Any help or info would be great. :)

Thanks
#820797 by Tinkerbelle
22 Aug 2012, 16:58
The only thing that would make me think twice about booking that villa is the complete lack of advance bookings that it has when you look at the availability calendar. It also hasn't been updated since April which might suggest the owner isn't exactly on the ball - every owner that I've rented from in Florida has immediately updated the calendars as soon as any booking has been made.
#820813 by sunsational
22 Aug 2012, 18:45
The owners could be like myself and don't worry how much I rent. Not to say that my villa is not always kept up to date and redcorated etc, all re-done this year.

I have just had three seperate bookings from members of The Dibb in a row (Brilliant feedback from them as well)and yet before this I only had myself or family in.

You could always ring the owner and have a chat, you might get a better feel for the place. The are also sites you can go on to check that all their taxes etc are up to date and that there isn't a problem.

Karen
#820817 by sunsational
22 Aug 2012, 18:52
Looking at the lettings site, it could also mean that since joining there are no reviews on that particular site. Contact details;

You are contacting
Debbie Nix

Landline 44 07854 505273
Mobile n/a

Languages spoken

The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This villa has so far received no reviews.

So if they haven't had a guest from the lettings website they won't yet have a review, however they may have a lot on their own website. Landline number is available.
#820854 by Monkey789
22 Aug 2012, 21:38
bigshow82 wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in this villa before or near by?

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kissimmee/7089

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRe ... orida.html

I am thinking of booking it for my family and there are no reviews as of yet. Does anyone have any idea if its any good or if its a nice area? Other villas in Cumbrian Lakes seem to have good reviews.

Any help or info would be great. :)

Thanks

Hey

I stayed in Cumbrian Lakes in May this year and loved it. If you get a villa overlooking the lake there's an alligator roaming around in it. Fascinating to watch. Very picturesque.

Lovely peaceful area and quiet. It's a gated community not like a few other ones up the road towards Highway 192 - meaning no one driving through or using it as a short cut.

Short drive to either Walmart or Publix on the 192 as well as plenty or restaurants and take aways.

Quite close to Disney and all the attractions too or if you want to go to Tampa it's a short drive to the I4 West.

Let me know if you want the link to the villa we stayed in and I'll PM it to you.
#820863 by honey lamb
22 Aug 2012, 23:33
Tsk!! And there was me thinking this thread was about Lakes Windermere, Coniston, Ullswater, Derwent Water et al! :|
#820883 by bigshow82
23 Aug 2012, 10:41
Karen what is the website called where I can check if they have kept their taxes up to date?

I tried to find out if they had a website of their own but I couldn't find one. The owner only has one property as well so I can't check other villas.

Scnickr feel free to PM me but there are 9 adults and 1 child coming on our trip so is the one you stayed in big enough for that many people?

My girlfriend is going to phone the owner today and have a chat with her. See what she can find out.

I'm guessing that there are no reviews yet as the propety hasn't been listed for long. That may also be the reason why there are not many advanced booking. Also people might be hesitant about booking a place with no reviews like I am now.

Thanks for all your help.
Virgin Atlantic