#5859 by Wolves27
09 May 2005, 19:04
Fozzyo and myself are off to Orlando for a week and the end of our US holiday in September and were looking on getting some new Disney passes. Looking at the website they've all changed and now require an extra payment at the gate to cancel the expriation date. We'll be in Disney parks maybe 3 days, but also inted to do Pleasure Island and possibly a water park.

We still have one day left on our previous 5 Day Park hopper Plus ticket. Will this still be valid now all new tickets seem to expire by defult and do any of these new passes include entry into PI and the water parks?

Cheers!

Dean

Edit ..... Moved to Disney forum.... Nick
#62679 by HighFlyer
09 May 2005, 19:18
Hopper passes always go by the phrase "Un-used days never expire", so i would think they would be fine. I hope so as i have two hopper passes at home with a day on each.

As far as i know its the new tickets that expire only. When we went last month we bought Hoppers, but there were good deals to be had on these new 'base hopper' passes that expired 14 days after use. The ones we saw didnt include water park access but im sure you can get ones that do.

This site: http://www.attraction-tickets.com/ still sells hoppers, thats where we got ours from and they were very good.
#62680 by HighFlyer
09 May 2005, 19:21
Just to add ... from ... http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/tickfaq.html

Can I visit more than one park on the same day with a park hopper pass?
Yes. For example, you can visit Epcot in the morning, then Magic Kingdom in the afternoon. You could even visit all four parks on one day if you have the energy! You must get your hand stamped when you leave each park. You don't have to use the pass on consecutive days, & unused days never expire.

If they are quoting it on the website then they cant argue over using old Hoppers. I bet there are some floating around from the 80's with unused days that turn up at the gate! LOL
#62682 by wood07
09 May 2005, 19:34
Park hopper plus tickets will still be valid including any unused pluses eg pleasure island/water parks. I think the five day ticket had 2 'pluses' included. The new tickets start with a base ticket then you can add options such as water parks, hopping and no expiry. Try mousesavers.com or ticketmania.com for more details. Might work out better for one person to use the remaining days on the unused tickets and buy just one new ticket. If you're not sure what is left on the tickets apparently guest relations at the park entrances will be able to let you know.
#62689 by Nottingham Nick
09 May 2005, 20:58
Very, very slightly off topic, but on the subject of Disney Tickets.

The Mail on Sunday did a feature on WDW tickets yesterday, their cheapest came out as http://www.cheapest-park-tickets.co.uk, but they have a CC surcharge. Other low prices were from
http://www.attractiontickets4less.com
http://www.365tickets.com
http://www.themeparkholidays.com

The main points of the article were, that you should shop around for tickets and read the T&C of each seller before deciding.

Nick
#62743 by fozzyo
10 May 2005, 11:29
Just had a quick look into this again, and found out the following:

Ultimate Tickets (14 & 21 days) include unlimited access to:
Â¥ Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Â¥ Disney's Blizzard Beach and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks (Subject to seasonal closure)
Â¥ Downtown Disney Pleasure Island
Â¥ Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex (Valid only on event days, some events require a separate admission charge)
Â¥ DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park (Excludes prize play games)

The Premium tickets (5 or 7 days) include:

Unlimited access to Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Plus 3 or 5 admissions in total to:
Â¥ Disney's Blizzard Beach and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks (Subject to seasonal closure)
Â¥ Downtown Disney Pleasure Island
Â¥ Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex (Valid only on event days, some events require a separate admission charge)
Â¥ DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park (Excludes prize play games)

These tickets are UK Offer only and must be purchased before you go. I have read somewhere that you can pay extra at the gate to convert tickets into "No Expiration" on unused days, not sure if this is true for these tickets. With the current offer of a 14day pass for the price of a 7day one that would be a great bargain!

Will let you know what we find out.

Foz xx
#64808 by FamilyMan
01 Jun 2005, 18:08
Originally posted by fozzyo
These tickets are UK Offer only and must be purchased before you go. I have read somewhere that you can pay extra at the gate to convert tickets into "No Expiration" on unused days, not sure if this is true for these tickets. With the current offer of a 14day pass for the price of a 7day one that would be a great bargain!

We purchased the 7 day tickets a couple of months ago - figuring that they would probably do us for the next 3 trips to Orlando.

We purchased the non-expiration on the first day for $55 each.

According to the Disney produced ticket flyer non-expiry for the 5 day ticket is $35. The cost is based on the number of days purchased not the number of days remaining.

I have seen 10 day tickets and the non-expiry is around $100. I'm not sure there is a non-expiry option on the 14 day ticket but if there was it would be significantly more - probably around $125-$150.

Hope this helps.

Phil (Buffy)
#65042 by easygoingeezer
03 Jun 2005, 15:45
the...theticket4fun.com had some good prices for most theme parks.

I hope my unused days are ok, between me and my partner we have 7 days each. I am going to York to the Disney shop on sat to check them out they have a machine that tells them whats left on each ticket and buy a childs ticket there.
#65074 by David
03 Jun 2005, 17:43
If you go for more than 9 days in any one year you are better buying an annual pass.

We have one (and get some nice discount thro DVC)

You will need to clear your cookies and log onto the disney site as a US resident to access the prices on their site.

This gives you access to the parks any amount of times during the 365 days that it is valid - but beware it is not transferable as entry is confirmed by fingerprints :D (ever wondered what the people were doing sticking their hands into the machine ;))

regards

David
#65084 by GatorBaiter
03 Jun 2005, 18:37
Nick,

You need to take the comma out of your link for cheapest tickets website as it stops it working ;)

Jacq
#65097 by David
03 Jun 2005, 20:00
Originally posted by Jacqueline Lewis

How do you buy an annual pass?

Jacq

You can buy an annual pass at the gates of any of the parks, or at the transport and ticket centre. I believe, but have never tried, that you can also buy them at the Disney store in mco. - Many have booked the special annual pass rates available at the wdw hotels, which you need to show your ap to get, but have actually bought them when they arrive in wdw before they check in.

The other way to get them is on the wdw site (logged in as a us resident - not uk) where you get a voucher posted to you which you activate when you arrive at the park gates.

There are stories that you can buy them over the telephone buy calling wdw directly, but sometimes there is a problem if the cm doesn't know the correct procedure (where have we heard that before) for an overseas purchase.

Because of our dvc discount, we just buy at the gate as you need to show your dvc id. A tip is to have your name, and address printed on a piece of paper as there is sometimes a problem with the spelling of some of our towns etc.

Any other questions - fire away.

best regards

David
#65099 by David
03 Jun 2005, 20:04
To add to the above - you have the choice of either a normal annual pass which gives you entrance to the parks plus the odd discount and perk or an Premium annual pass which gives you the above plus entrance to the water parks and pleasure island.

David

Just had a quick look at the prices -

Premium annual pass adult $515 child $438

Annual pass adult $395 child $ 336

( probably plus tax but still not bad at around £220 for a years visits)
#65506 by easygoingeezer
06 Jun 2005, 14:34
I need to correct my previous post, it seems you can not check your "days left" on tickets at Disney Shops in the UK anymore.

I think I have two unused 5 day park hoppers, but can't remember if I used em or not, will have to wait and see now.
#65673 by fozzyo
07 Jun 2005, 13:08
I found UnderCoverTourist.com which seems to be reasonably priced and offer a good service ... including sending the tickets to you in the UK free of charge if you wish, or yuo can collect them. And they are a reseller for a lot of parks, not just Disney / Universal.

Foz xxx
#94427 by JohnD
25 Jan 2006, 09:27
Cheapest Park Tickets has ceased to take bookings as of Monday 5th Dec 2005.
#94492 by p17blo
25 Jan 2006, 16:14
To give you a little more info on this I would suggest that if you ever intend to go back to Disney then to buy the longest available tickets (7 days) and the never expire option. However a word of warning, as Disney are now using primative biometrics (Finger Length), do not buy these and then sell them to you friends/relatives unless they have the same finger length. They scan your fingers on each entry now.

For what its worth, I always buy mine in MCO at a ticket booth outside Longhorn Steakhouse at mile marker 11 on US192. They generally give you about a 10% discount from ticket retail price

Paul

(Posted off the coast of Costa Maya via Sat Link)
Virgin Atlantic