#18 by Bazz
19 Nov 2003, 12:40
Pix,

How about asking RichardM if you could add his extremely detailed and informative breakdown of the mysterious world of codes and classes to your Reference menu. I bet Richard would audit the info and we know you are a whizz with the old HTML Pete, ;) a little acknowlegement at the footer to feed RM's ego :D (Just kidding Richard :) )

I'm sure members and guests would find this a useful feature. Currently you have to hunt around on FlyerTalk to find it.

I would post the URL but I would rather see it incorporated in the site so I will not post it here and would ask others not to post until Pete and Richard have decided whether to include it or not. If not, I'm sure Richard will post the link.

Bazz
Still Flying
#25036 by RichardMannion
19 Nov 2003, 16:29
I have no issues in it being posted up - I put it together for others benefits. Apparantly its done the rounds and been forwarded on a fair (or shoudl that be fare) few times. Never realised it would be that useful for people.

I do need to update it slightly and adds oem more detail, so me and pixuk should be able to do something in regards to this.

Thanks,
Richard
#25038 by Pete
20 Nov 2003, 18:27
The bucket class codes were on VirginFlyer in the Galileo section, although given the popularity of the questions about them, it's clear they need their own page!

I discussed this briefly with Richard last night, and we'll pull something together. One of the things that came out with the chats with Virgin staff at the Suite Launch Party is the introduction of the S-Class fare, which is a discounted Premium Economy which is a little more flexible than K class.

The complete list will be on VirginFlyer soon.

Pix
#25041 by Bazz
21 Nov 2003, 10:23
I sure it will help demistify the code/class thing which most people other than frequent flyers do not understand at all. Of course this is not helped by there being no common standard across all airlines, but that's another subject.

Thanks guys. [^]

Bazz
Still Flying
#25043 by RichardMannion
21 Nov 2003, 16:15
Ah the common standard does exist, its just that airlines tend to loosely follow it! Remember the actual Class codes will not change - even if you are on a K fare code, your BP will still show W.

And for absolute comedy, BA has decided to re-use its legendary R class (Superesonic/Full Fare) for none other than a discounted Economy fare code!

A First Class Discounted
B Economy/Coach Discounted
C Business Class
D Business Class Discounted
E Shuttle Service (No reservation allowed) or Economy/Coach Discounted
F First Class
G Conditional Reservation
H Economy/Coach Discounted
J Business Class Premium
K Economy/Coach Discounted
L Economy/Coach Discounted
M Economy/Coach Discounted
N Economy/Coach Discounted
P First Class Premium
Q Economy/Coach Discounted
R Supersonic
S Economy/Coach
T Economy/Coach Discounted
U Shuttle Service (No res. needed/Seat guaranteed)
V Economy/Coach Discounted
W Economy/Coach Premium
Y Economy/Coach
Z Business Class Discounted

Thanks,
Richard
#25045 by Bazz
22 Nov 2003, 16:08
Thanks Richard,

I guess it is because airlines follow it loosely that it is sometimes difficult to try to cross reference, hence my previous (and obviously erroneous) comment about there being no universal standard.

Learning all the time :)

Bazz
Still Flying
#25057 by RichardMannion
30 Nov 2003, 18:49
Well a quick update for you.

I managed to rewrite the whole list over the space of a couple of hours while flying between LHR and Delhi last week.

There is now more detail and some errors have been corrected. Pixuk has the list now, and I'm sure that you'll see the end result shortly.

If you do spot any errors then let either one of us know!

Thanks,
Richard
#25066 by Pete
30 Nov 2003, 23:56
If you take a peak under the Resources menu, you'll find Richard's Guide to Fare Class Codes is now on the website.

Thanks, Rich.

Pix.
#25068 by Bazz
01 Dec 2003, 11:29
Pete & Richard,

Excellent work Richard, must be the definitive guide! I have not read it fully yet (been away at the Mandarin this weekend) but did notice you missed a close bracket on the "P" class description. Also might be useful to have a option to revert from the expanded list back to the full list without having to use the back button?

Pete, I'm sure if you monitor your page accesses you'll find this proves to be very popular. Thanks to you both for all the hard work.

Bazz
Still Flying
#25070 by Pete
01 Dec 2003, 15:25
Done. :)
Virgin Atlantic