#21167 by n/a
23 Sep 2007, 18:07
As the title may have tipped you off (providing you have even a teaspoon of pop culture awareness), I want to discuss the topic of friends, specifically, the standards you employ to choose your friends in the new profile feature.

Do you just accept anyone who asks to be your friend?

Have you rejected any friend requests? If so, how? Do you let them know why, or simply flush them into the cyber sewer?

What standards or reasons, if any, do you have for asking others to be your friend?

Thanks!

GJ
#184419 by Pete
23 Sep 2007, 18:15
On Facebook I've become pretty fussy, and only accept friend requests from people I actually know.

I'll admit I'm happy to be a bit more liberal on V-Flyer, as I'd like to think any who's even a semi-regular poster are welcome to consider me as a friend. Door-open policy, and all that.

Pete
#184421 by JAT74L
23 Sep 2007, 18:32
There's only one person on these boards who I have ever thought was a TOTAL "lamb shanker" in all the time I've been here so that's a pretty good ratio methinks. We all have different opinions etc but what I do enjoy is some good BANTER mixed in to add a touch of humo(u)r!!!!

John
#184423 by Decker
23 Sep 2007, 18:34
Basically if you contribute positively to V-Flyer you're my friend...
#184424 by RichardMannion
23 Sep 2007, 18:36
Originally posted by Decker

That's me out then given my current run of thumbs down...
#184425 by JAT74L
23 Sep 2007, 18:39
Originally posted by Decker

That's probably what I was trying to say!!!

John
#184426 by locutus
23 Sep 2007, 18:44
I'll let you know when someone asks me.
#184430 by VS075
23 Sep 2007, 18:49
Within V-Flyer I'm open to anyone to be accepted as a friend, while on MySpace I tend to restrict this to people who I actually know.

In real life (splitting away from choosing friends) I'm currently not talking to one or two people simply because of their behaviour in recent months, and why should I put up with somebody who wants to be right all the time (twists the truth and bull****s), likes to think they're intelligent but actually isn't and slags off a certain group of people where a few of them are my friends. Honestly there are people out there who need to get a grip with life!
#184447 by Neil
23 Sep 2007, 19:51
People on my friends like are people who I genuinely like on here, which tbh are most of the members. There are a couple of people who if asked to be added to my list I would say no too but I doubt they would as I never have any interaction with them and hope it stays that way.

You can't like everyone in life, and I hate people who are false so why pretend to "friends" with them.
#184469 by buns
23 Sep 2007, 21:07
As an "oldie", i am still coming to terms with this technology.

What I am coming to realise that the cultural reference points i have acquired over the years in terms of how I react to people i meet is coming under challenge.

I am sure i am like many others in having to learn the social etiquette of this new technology - until such time, I will continue to use the somewhat old fashioned methods and show typical British reserve[:I][:I][:I][:I]

buns
#184473 by pjh
23 Sep 2007, 21:36
Like Buns, I'm still learning the game with this one and am thus acting a bit like the wallflower at the school disco. To those that have done the asking, you know who you are, and thank you. At some stage I'll pluck up the courage....

Paul
#184486 by honey lamb
23 Sep 2007, 22:25
Originally posted by JAT74L
There's only one person on these boards who I have ever thought was a TOTAL "lamb shanker" in all the time I've been here John

I hope that's not me [:#]
#184500 by HighFlyer
23 Sep 2007, 23:06
Originally posted by honey lamb
Originally posted by JAT74L
There's only one person on these boards who I have ever thought was a TOTAL "lamb shanker" in all the time I've been here John

I hope that's not me [:#]

The comment made me think of EGG at first! :D (Not his personality, his affection for lamb shank you understand).

Thanks,
Sarah
#184547 by Bazz
24 Sep 2007, 11:26
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
LOL -- I bet it's me or malikifx. There's no way it could be you, lamby. Nor you, EGG.

I'll tell you, I have a couple w*nkers in my hall of fame -- which, I might add, just had a lovely new stone floor laid in its entry way.

GJ

I wonder who's buried under that? [:p]
#184555 by JAT74L
24 Sep 2007, 11:48
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
LOL -- I bet it's me or malikifx. There's no way it could be you, lamby. Nor you, EGG.

I'll tell you, I have a couple w*nkers in my hall of fame -- which, I might add, just had a lovely new stone floor laid in its entry way.

GJ

You got it in one GJ!

Your colourful posts sprinkled with a hint of madness enhance this place no end IMHO! [:X]

Regards

John
#184556 by Wolves27
24 Sep 2007, 11:52
Generally the people who request me to add as a friend are ones I'm happy to accept, or would have added myself should I not be so lazy.

Aggreeing with Pete I'm generally more fussy on Facebook as otherwise you get loads zombie requests and the like.
#184601 by locutus
24 Sep 2007, 16:42
Ok, now I have some friends - thanks guys! [oo]

I've decided I will base my decision on some, all or none of the following:

Have they got a gold card? (I need lounge access on my PE flights!)
Can they work out how to do the countdown timer?
Would they sneak a grey goose and Virgin Cola to me from the bar if we were on the same flight?

[:w]
#184610 by Bazz
24 Sep 2007, 16:54
Two out of three count then? ;)
Virgin Atlantic