#25099 by Darren Wheeler
03 Jul 2008, 21:02
Having had a little browse of the FAQ link to the left (and on the back of Neil's frivolous request), I notice that quite a few are out of date such as the CH treatment and IFBT.

Given that the faq would be a good starting place for new members, I was thinking that as well as a re-write by the more 'experienced' members (to save Uncle Pete) it is pushed further towards the top of the page so becoming more prominent.

Thoughts?
#212560 by Neil
03 Jul 2008, 21:18
IIRC some of the mods do update the FAQ as and when, but I guess it is quite a lengthy job and one that must be done at a certain time on a certain day (boring, rainy Sunday with a large bottle of wine??).

As for it's location, there are the forum FAQ's at the top already which are quite important so I guess IMO it's position is ok and quite clear in the list where it is.
#212566 by Scrooge
03 Jul 2008, 21:29
Well volunteered Neil, as nothing can be quite as boring as Hull on a rainy Sunday I am giving you the job of going through the FAQ's, updating where necessary and then sending them over to me as a word file please....by Sunday afternoon...there's a good chap, think I may even be able to arrange a little something from the mods as a thank you, or may not, not sure...now step lively there please.
#212573 by Darren Wheeler
03 Jul 2008, 21:49
Well done Neil. I'm sure your efforts will not go unnoticed or unrewarded [y][y]
#212576 by Neil
03 Jul 2008, 21:51
Hmmmmm, this is like being at work, apart from I am normally the one passing on the jobs nobody else wants to do.
#212578 by preiffer
03 Jul 2008, 21:52
Problem is, FAQ's have to be correct.

Hmmm. Neil. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. [:w]
#212580 by Neil
03 Jul 2008, 21:53
Originally posted by preiffer
Problem is, FAQ's have to be correct.

Hmmm. Neil. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. [:w]

Well b*llocks to you then, if you don't want my help then that is fine[:p]
#212581 by Scrooge
03 Jul 2008, 21:54
Originally posted by Neil
Hmmmmm, this is like being at work, apart from I am normally the one passing on the jobs nobody else wants to do.

Your right Neil, but as my first boss told me " every once and a while you need to get stuck back in and do some actual work, so you remember what it is like and don't make an ass out of yourself one day"
#212613 by HighFlyer
03 Jul 2008, 23:20
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
Bad form nominating Her Grace for such a menial task. [V]

[:0] There we go again, accusing poor me of falling off the wagon again.

James and I used to look after the FAQ's a fair bit but it does need keeping on top of. While we are on the subject, are there any areas not covered in the FAQ's that members would like to see, or any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Sarah
#212634 by barnstaple
04 Jul 2008, 10:57
I am getting really hooked on v-flyer. How do I get more involved? When do you recruit mods for example?!
#212637 by mdvipond
04 Jul 2008, 11:20
Originally posted by barnstaple
I am getting really hooked on v-flyer. How do I get more involved? When do you recruit mods for example?!

From the last V-Flyer mod recruitment drive...
#212641 by Decker
04 Jul 2008, 11:32
Nice to see such enthusiasm barnstaple... but I think you'll find that 10 posts doesn't count as addiction round here :).

Modship is normally earned by being a significant contributor to the site (in terms of general willingness to help and sharing of knowledge rather than financial) and by involvement in the social side.

It'd be a fair bet to say that unless you pull a rabbit out of a hat you'll have to make a couple of thousand more posts before you'll be considered ;). Even then the mods are currently at complement and as it is an unpaid job rather than a badge of honour they're not looking to recruit at the moment.
#212647 by mcmbenjamin
04 Jul 2008, 12:25
Originally posted by mdvipond

Not REALLY funny; especially when you know the history of the picture combined with the current times. Could be that I have CNBC on the television and just had a meeting with my money man...
#212650 by Darren Wheeler
04 Jul 2008, 13:34

No, that's the queue for the new TK Maxx in Hull
#212663 by mdvipond
04 Jul 2008, 15:58
Originally posted by mcmbenjamin

Not REALLY funny; especially when you know the history of the picture combined with the current times. Could be that I have CNBC on the television and just had a meeting with my money man...

Hey, what's to gripe about? Free coffee, free doughnut, free soup - they've got McDonalds beat hands down...
#212701 by Scrooge
04 Jul 2008, 23:39
McDonald's coffee is consistently voted as being better than Starbucks.
#212715 by barnstaple
05 Jul 2008, 10:26
I know - I am trying to add comments where relevant!!
#212724 by Decker
05 Jul 2008, 12:08
Relevancy is good :)
#212754 by Scrooge
05 Jul 2008, 21:48
Originally posted by Decker
Relevancy is good :)

But as you may be able to tell from this thread, not 100% necessary, at some point the thread will come back to it's original point and if not it will die a slow death, though saying that, of late more of the of topic banter has been happening in the bar chats so keeping the original topic clear of clutter...now what was I posting about [?]
Virgin Atlantic