#214019 by HighFlyer
24 Jul 2008, 15:59
You mean you have not mastered all of VS's IATA codes yet? :)

Thanks,
Sarah
#214021 by Neil
24 Jul 2008, 16:08
God these newbies, posting on here without knowing every single airport code, tut, an embarrassment to the plane spotting world;):D

Only joking, I guess it would be handy to have the airport codes with the hint but on the other hand a post can be quite difficult to read when a lot of abbreviations are used and they are all hinted I find, so I guess it is about having a good balance.

Neil
#214024 by Scrooge
24 Jul 2008, 16:24
Actually I have to agree with the newbie on this, whilst the sad anorak wearing crowd (myself included) know off the top of our heads what the codes are it would probably help those not as wise ( have a life) in navigating the site.....Pete....
#214031 by HighFlyer
24 Jul 2008, 17:03
NRT and PVG now added to the Glossary :)

Thanks,
Sarah
#214032 by Neil
24 Jul 2008, 17:04
Why couldn't you do that Dave, isn't Sarah brilliant!
#214037 by Scrooge
24 Jul 2008, 17:39
Originally posted by Neil
Why couldn't you do that Dave, isn't Sarah brilliant!

Do you honestly think that with my mind set the powers that be would allow me into the coding of this site, one good night down the local and half the members would be banned...not a good move for the site, so [y] to the powers that be for putting more level headed people in charge off the coding...now where is my devil smiley ?
#214043 by Bill S
24 Jul 2008, 18:37
Careful: or the real anoraks amongst us will start using RJAA, FAJS, ZSSS and EGLL etc.
#214048 by Scrooge
24 Jul 2008, 19:04
Originally posted by Bill S
Careful: or the real anoraks amongst us will start using RJAA, FAJS, ZSSS and EGLL etc.

Great, now you have Neil scrambling to find out where EGLL is.
#214060 by Neil
24 Jul 2008, 20:44
Originally posted by Scrooge

Unfortunately, I am a real anorak too and do know a good chunk of the ICAO codes too[:I]
#214078 by RichardMannion
24 Jul 2008, 22:28

Unfortunately, I am a real anorak too and do know a good chunk of the ICAO codes too[:I]

Sure you are quite familiar with 4 letter names....[:p]
#214079 by VAFFPAX
24 Jul 2008, 22:53
Sorry if I stirred up a hornet's nest... after all, if most of the popular route airports are listed, might as well add all the others too :-)

I generally know the VS destinations, but others may not always know. I draw the line at the ICAO ones, thank you :-)

S.
#214081 by slinky09
24 Jul 2008, 23:12
Originally posted by VAFFPAX
Sorry if I stirred up a hornet's nest... after all, if most of the popular route airports are listed, might as well add all the others too :-)

I generally know the VS destinations, but others may not always know. I draw the line at the ICAO ones, thank you :-)

S.

Whatever you do, don't take the jokers' comments seriously [8D]
#214086 by honey lamb
25 Jul 2008, 00:31
Originally posted by RichardMannion
[quote]Originally posted by Bill S

Sure you are quite familiar with 4 letter names....[:p]
[/quote]
Of course he is. After all his name has four letters. Mamma in her wisdom, decided he couldn't cope with a longer name......

.....even though his name goes against the "i before e except after c" rule [:w]

God knows, even his partner has a 4 letter name [:w]
#214089 by Scrooge
25 Jul 2008, 00:47
Originally posted by slinky09
Originally posted by VAFFPAX

S.

Whatever you do, don't take the jokers' comments seriously [8D]

Yes please don't, some of us are in fine form today, a little exploring around the site (start with Neils profile page) will find that there is a not so serious under lying current off fun and stupidity.
#214101 by Neil
25 Jul 2008, 08:23
Originally posted by honey lamb
God knows, even his partner has a 4 letter name [:w]

Erm HL - I hope you aren't trying to 'out' me in the public forum[:0]

Oh and I agree with Slinky and Scrooge, just ignore most of what is said, especially by me[:I]:D
Virgin Atlantic