#255909 by northernhenry
03 Sep 2008, 23:41
Although the V-flyer hot pants aren't the most comfortable of choices for wandering around LHR. [:P]

Ever any thoughts on a luggage tag (similar to the FC cards)?

May give chance for persons not sporting the squeaky pants to recognize fellow V-flyers
#452806 by Scrooge
04 Sep 2008, 00:02
A while back, heck when I joined in 2005 VF offered luggage tags and very nice they are as well.

Every once and a while this comes up, but for the life of me I can't remember the reason for not having them again...

Let me start a little discussion with the other mods and Pete ([oo]) and see what we can come up with.
#452819 by Darren Wheeler
04 Sep 2008, 06:17
IIRC, the tags cost quite a lot to make for the amount that were sold.

I still have my ones [:D]
#452832 by Scrooge
04 Sep 2008, 09:42
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
IIRC, the tags cost quite a lot to make for the amount that were sold.

I still have my ones [:D]

That is exactly right, sadly due to the costs involved and the amount sold we won't be seeing any luggage tags again [:#]
#452836 by Darren Wheeler
04 Sep 2008, 10:11
There is a thread where KLM allowed you to make your own tags and Pete, the whizz he is, made a template you could have your own 'V-Flyer' tags. Still have mine [:D] [:D]

Edit: Found the thread but the link no longer works.
#452840 by Scrooge
04 Sep 2008, 10:37
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
There is a thread where KLM allowed you to make your own tags and Pete, the whizz he is, made a template you could have your own 'V-Flyer' tags. Still have mine [:D] [:D]

Edit: Found the thread but the link no longer works.

And I never got mine from KLM [:#]
#452847 by mdvipond
04 Sep 2008, 11:26
I'm proud to say, I still have my silver V-Flyer membership card, luggage tags and funky VF pin, which is displayed proudly on my hand luggage bag. I know. I should get out more.
#452912 by northernhenry
04 Sep 2008, 16:32
Oh well, hot pants it is then..
#452915 by Darren Wheeler
04 Sep 2008, 16:37
Originally posted by northernhenry
Oh well, hot pants it is then..

Just make a note of each seat number. So we know never to selsect that one. [:D]
#453082 by kered
05 Sep 2008, 17:14
Yeah V-F bag tags would be very nice to have.

I have bag tags from another Frequent Travel forum I'm a member of & they've resulted in a couple of surprise encounters with other members at the airport.

Might make up my own, someday & see what happens [:w]

Edited to add.......

How about if a proposal for a standardised template was agreed, which could be made available for download, to registered members only, on the site. Then we could each personalise them with our forum handle, print them out & have them laminated.

That way there wouldn't be any production costs involved. But we'd still have the little discrete identifier on our hand luggage.

Just a thoughtÉÉ
#453083 by Scrooge
05 Sep 2008, 17:24
I like that idea, let me put it up for discussion with the mods and Pete ([oo])
Virgin Atlantic