#256138 by Nottingham Nick
16 Sep 2008, 14:15
The site seems to be running very slowly at times today, and I have had a few time out errors - especially in the profile pages.

Only V-Flyer seems to be affected, rest of the sites I visit are loading normally.

Nick

PS - For Pete; errors are as follows:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/FORUM/profile_showFeeds10.asp, line 16

and

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/FORUM/profile_left_inc.asp, line 429
#454145 by Neil
16 Sep 2008, 14:39
Same here, I have been suffering all day. I have had numerous times throughout today where threads just do not load up at all, so just end up giving up and coming back later.

Also had the same error messages Nick has had.

Neil
#454147 by Pete
16 Sep 2008, 14:44
Some of that is probably my fault. Been trying to get the website to update the counts on the forum topics, following the odd number of pages displayed in the XL thread. The process is very server-intensive, which might explain the timeouts. That said, I haven't been at it all day, so there may be something else up too.
#454148 by Neil
16 Sep 2008, 14:46
I've had the problem from very first thing this morning when I logged on at 7am, FYI
#454151 by honey lamb
16 Sep 2008, 14:54
I had it first thing and later on pages wouldn't load but it seems OK now. Probably Pete fiddling with it!!
#454171 by DarkAuror
16 Sep 2008, 16:23
Originally posted by Pete
Some of that is probably my fault. Been trying to get the website to update the counts on the forum topics, following the odd number of pages displayed in the XL thread. The process is very server-intensive, which might explain the timeouts. That said, I haven't been at it all day, so there may be something else up too.

Would that explain why my post count is slightly out (or I could be imagining it. [:w])
#454172 by n/a
16 Sep 2008, 16:25
Pete, I was going to write you a PM then found this site. It takes forever for pages to load. I'll click on 'Profile,' say, and it can take almost a whole minute to go over to the next page. They load quickly enough -- it's just making the jump from page to page. FWIW, I'm running on Mac Safari...thanks!

GJ
#454192 by honey lamb
16 Sep 2008, 18:21
Originally posted by DarkAuror

Would that explain why my post count is slightly out (or I could be imagining it. [:w])

It depends. Your count does not go up for any posts made in the Off Topic Forum
#454193 by honey lamb
16 Sep 2008, 18:22

#454195 by Pete
16 Sep 2008, 18:28
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes
Pete, I was going to write you a PM then found this site. It takes forever for pages to load. I'll click on 'Profile,' say, and it can take almost a whole minute to go over to the next page. They load quickly enough -- it's just making the jump from page to page. FWIW, I'm running on Mac Safari...thanks!

GJ

The site has been a bit sluggish today, and flagging it with the ISP hasn't produced a reason why. The Profile Pages will always be a bit slower than other pages on the site, as they're the most processor-intensive. That said, it shouldn't be *this* slow, and I'm not sure quite what's causing it (unless we're being hit by hackers again, trying to find a new way in... but that won't show up until I look at the web stats tomorrow)
#454248 by n/a
17 Sep 2008, 00:15
Originally posted by GrinningJackanapes

GJ

The site has been a bit sluggish today, and flagging it with the ISP hasn't produced a reason why. The Profile Pages will always be a bit slower than other pages on the site, as they're the most processor-intensive. That said, it shouldn't be *this* slow, and I'm not sure quite what's causing it (unless we're being hit by hackers again, trying to find a new way in... but that won't show up until I look at the web stats tomorrow)

Thanks for your diligence, Fearless Leader! [y]

GJ
#454281 by DarkAuror
17 Sep 2008, 09:40
Originally posted by honey lamb

Ah! That would explain it! [:#][:#]
Virgin Atlantic