#256996 by McMaddog
21 Nov 2008, 11:00
Maybe I'm going mad but has the original time of topic creation gone from the summary page?

I kinda miss that as I use it to work out whether or not I've read the topic. Active Topics doesn't cover this as someone may have replied to a topic I'm not all that interested in.
#460436 by Scrooge
21 Nov 2008, 11:05
Right now Pete is going through the site fixing things, doing small changes with the hopes of speeding up the site, something my disappear for a bit, then return, then probably disappear again !

This is all being done in the hopes of improving the site speed, once he is done playing everything should return to normal, just quicker.
#460438 by Pete
21 Nov 2008, 12:45
Hi David,

Which page are you looking at (from the URL at the top), so I can track down which feature has turned itself off [;)]

I did a lot of code changes overnight, so I may have missed something.

Pete
#460439 by McMaddog
21 Nov 2008, 12:49
quote:Originally posted by Pete
Hi David,

Which page are you looking at (from the URL at the top), so I can track down which feature has turned itself off [;)]

Pete

http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/active.asp
I could've sworn there was an Original Post date column on the datatable in addition to the Last Post column
#460471 by FamilyMan
21 Nov 2008, 15:00
Don't know if its related but I cannot open a topic as a new page as the icon has dissapeared.

Hopefully this is also just a temp thing.

FM
#460473 by Neil
21 Nov 2008, 15:06
quote:Originally posted by McMaddog
[quote]Originally posted by Pete
Hi David,

Pete

http://www.v-flyer.com/forum/active.asp
I could've sworn there was an Original Post date column on the datatable in addition to the Last Post column

Yes I noticed earlier that the active topics doesn't now show the thread create date/time like it used too. I also found it useful to know if it was a new topic etc.

Neil
#460475 by Pete
21 Nov 2008, 15:24
Ok - will get those back asap.

Any other missing features as a result of my tinkering - please report them in this thread.

Thanks,

Pete
#460535 by Pete
22 Nov 2008, 12:43
Yes, well spotted.

I'm not sure why they broke, but editing and re-saving the message fixes them.
#460568 by Slipperman
23 Nov 2008, 12:40
Don't want to be the person that seems to be finding differences....
but didn't the itinerary calendar and latest news and random hotel style report use to be on the active topics summary page?
#460569 by honey lamb
23 Nov 2008, 12:53
quote:Originally posted by Slipperman
Don't want to be the person that seems to be finding differences....
but didn't the itinerary calendar and latest news and random hotel style report use to be on the active topics summary page?

Yes it did. Any chance we can have it back, Pete?
#460570 by Pete
23 Nov 2008, 14:05
'tis back... [;)]
#460577 by n/a
23 Nov 2008, 18:35
Poor Pete. Hardest working man in show business... [y]

GJ
#460593 by Pete
24 Nov 2008, 00:41
Could be because the ISP is recycling our memory usage much more often now, which has the side effect of resetting session variables (and therefore the length of time it thinks you've been active on the site).

It's currently being monitored by the ISP gurus to see if they can identify the cause.
Virgin Atlantic