#259846 by slinky09
07 Jul 2009, 14:41
Is it possible to enter flight ratings without writing a full TR? I ask because you all would be bored rigid if I commented on every VS flight, yet we might benefit from increased ratings? That said, ratings without substantiation could be open to abuse?
#480427 by Scrooge
07 Jul 2009, 15:43
Well you do have to enter some kind of message, if you want to post it so the ratings reflect to the totals go ahead and I will lock it quickly.

or I could be a git and ask you questions about the flight [ii]
#480431 by Pete
07 Jul 2009, 16:21
Naughty Scrooge.

As you guessed slinky, the ratings rather rely on the trip report, otherwise I think we might end up with the bingo-card survey responses. I wouldn't be over-keen on encouraging empty posts in the trip report forum, as it will only make visitors think the site is broken and not serving up the content.
#480436 by Scrooge
07 Jul 2009, 16:32
Great, Pete picks THIS time to prove that he is alive [ii]
#480440 by Sealink
07 Jul 2009, 16:54
quote:Originally posted by slinky09
Is it possible to enter flight ratings without writing a full TR? I ask because you all would be bored rigid if I commented on every VS flight, yet we might benefit from increased ratings? That said, ratings without substantiation could be open to abuse?

I think you oversestimate our, well certainly my, boredom threshold. I've yet to read a boring TR - it's easily my favourite part of the site. So it would be lovely to read more [:)]
#480442 by tontybear
07 Jul 2009, 17:08
I can confirm that Pete is still alive (well he was on Saturday evening - lovely to meet you btw) !

I do think scores without comments are pretty useless as a written comment can help to put things in context and you can tell if someone is being un-reasonable or not with a low score. There is a difference say between the food being cold and horrible and just not liking a particular dish and a comment would make this clear.
#480452 by Guest
07 Jul 2009, 17:51
Absolutely Tontybear - well he was when he staggered off for a curry (and I have heard from him today). Perhaps like me and some others he may just find some TRs too long to speed read and thus comment sensibly on !? There has to be a sensible balance of content v length (gosh - have I really just said that ?)
#480476 by Pete
07 Jul 2009, 21:45
And a very nice curry it was too (Pumpkin Curry at Busaba - highly recommend it Ian, m'fellow veggie).

Could you imagine V-Flyer without one of mdvipond's (or Howard's) trip reports? The longer the better, I say. (fnar, fnar).
#480477 by Guest
07 Jul 2009, 21:48
quote:Originally posted by Pete
And a very nice curry it was too (Pumpkin Curry at Busaba - highly recommend it Ian, m'fellow veggie).

I will ! Did it wash out of your shirt [:w]
Virgin Atlantic