#739707 by vizbiz
16 Mar 2010, 14:32
Can't seem to get the log-on screen to remember my Username and password - I tick the "remember me" box but every time I return I have to re-enter my Username and Password?

I'm using XPpro/SP2 and Firefox 3.5.5 .

Thanks.
#739709 by tontybear
16 Mar 2010, 14:35
had the same problem too until I deleted my 'old' v-flyer book mark and then deleted all cookies / cleared cache etc (which I do on a regular basis anyway - never know whats there)

Then searched for v-flyer on google etc, logged in and then booked marked that.

Seamed to work for me.
#739721 by Pete
16 Mar 2010, 16:59
The new site can be a little more temperamental than the old one, since there's two separate login systems (the main site & the forum) that are being bridged; and if you have any old cookies from the old site - or log out of one side of the site and not the other, or deep link into a forum page without giving the main site a chance to log you in, it can get a bit muddled.

Best advice to to always (try) and enter the site via the homepage; don't 'log out' when you close your browser (unless you're on a shared computer), and if it all starts to behave badly, delete any (www).v-flyer.com cookies and start from the top.

While I was testing the site, logging in and out all the time, my cookies were getting into an awful muddle - but now I don't need to log out, it's settled down a lot. Not completely; but a lot better than it was ;-)
#739722 by Vegascrazy
16 Mar 2010, 16:59
I'm still not winning with this, am deleting cookies, browsing history etc every day & re book marking but everytime I return I'm asked for User Name & password. Am using IE8. Maybe I'll strike it lucky like DL abd it'll just start working :-)
#739725 by Pete
16 Mar 2010, 17:07
There's a link at the bottom of the page to 'delete all board cookies'. That only removes forum cookies - so to be sure, go into your browser prefs (normally under security or advanced settings) find your cookies, look for any that specifically start www.v-flyer.com or v-flyer.com, and delete them.

Browsing history shouldn't be a problem though, it's only the cookies that get used for username/password login.

Pete
Virgin Atlantic