#742367 by honey lamb
09 Apr 2010, 19:05
Is there no end to that man's talent?

Great feature, Pete. Many thanks
#742444 by Nottingham Nick
10 Apr 2010, 08:57
Another fabulous innovation, Pete - many thanks.
I wonder if it is possible to add one more tweak though, please?
Is is possible to colour code the equipment, as well?

The reason for this is that it would then be possible to see at a glance the changes on a route - Boston for example, when they switch from a 747 to a 330 many time a year.

Just three colours - Jumbo, big bus and baby bus.

Thanks

Nick
#742446 by Pete
10 Apr 2010, 09:33
Nottingham Nick wrote:Another fabulous innovation, Pete - many thanks.
I wonder if it is possible to add one more tweak though, please?
Is is possible to colour code the equipment, as well?

The reason for this is that it would then be possible to see at a glance the changes on a route - Boston for example, when they switch from a 747 to a 330 many time a year.

Just three colours - Jumbo, big bus and baby bus.

Thanks

Nick

Hmmm... nice idea. Let's see what I can do before the National starts ;-)
#742459 by Pete
10 Apr 2010, 10:13
Ok, equipment colour-coding done (and added a suffix to the 744 equipment code to show the various configs used - which can get interesting when you see LHR 744s going over to LGW or MAN)
#742475 by Pete
10 Apr 2010, 11:52
Also now added list of alternative flights doing the same route on the same day, so you don't have to flip between several to find the flight time that suits you best.
#742493 by DocRo
10 Apr 2010, 14:47
Seriously cool
A quick look at VS2 has persuaded me to alter my BD Belfast connection to a later flight - not too many greens there - I will be showering and breakfasting at revivals after all
#742497 by tontybear
10 Apr 2010, 15:22
Pete - have a look at VS12 on 1st April - its showing as 'green' for a 5 hr late departure!

Also can the scheduled metal be included on future flights?

Good work BTW !
#742498 by Pete
10 Apr 2010, 15:31
tontybear wrote:Pete - have a look at VS12 on 1st April - its showing as 'green' for a 5 hr late departure!

Also can the scheduled metal be included on future flights?

Good work BTW !

Yup, unfortunately the time comparison can't cope with the flight trundling over to the next day, and not an easy way around it - but from the data it should be obvious when a green box should actually be flashing crimson red.

For future flights, that data is something I've requested to be included in the data feed, but as any changes to the feed effect more than me, it'll take a little time before we see it.

Pete
#742795 by Pete
13 Apr 2010, 20:21
Another quick feature added today - Load Check, which will show you the bucket availability for future flights.

Think some might like that button... ;)
#742796 by Neil
13 Apr 2010, 20:24
Pete wrote:
Think some might like that button... ;)

Nothing like stating the obvious ;)

Now that is just the cherry on top of the cake, thank you Pete.
#742797 by Pete
13 Apr 2010, 20:26
Neil wrote:
Pete wrote:
Now that is just the cherry on top of the cake, thank you Pete.

Well, if you're feeling generously grateful, don't hesitate to throw a few quid into the B2B sponsorship tin ;) (and many, many thanks to all those who have already generously donated!)
#742814 by Pete
13 Apr 2010, 22:38
Bill S wrote:I guess Cabbie over on theDibb is going to find life easy when they find Loadcheck!

True, but I suspect we'll probably need some documentation on how to understand what the numbers and letters mean. Anyone want to volunteer? ;)
#742823 by Bill S
13 Apr 2010, 23:49
Pete wrote:
Bill S wrote:I guess Cabbie over on theDibb is going to find life easy when they find Loadcheck!

True, but I suspect we'll probably need some documentation on how to understand what the numbers and letters mean. Anyone want to volunteer? ;)

Someone already has done an excellent explanation of the codes.
I suppose a tooltip for each code of the first sentence of the fare code description might work in many places or is that too long?
The numbers would just need a single description:
Seats available to book up to a maximum of 9.

If tooltip is not possible then a simple link to the Fare Codes page (and a brief explanation of the numbers there?)
Such as:
Loadcheck displays the number of seats that are available to be booked in each class up to a maximum of 9.
If more than 9 are available, then only 9 will be shown.
So - J9 D9 R9 Z9 S9 Y9 B9 L9 M9 Q9 X9 N9 means lots of availability - plenty of cheap seats - likely room to spread out.
J2 D0 R0 Z0 S0 Y3 B0 L0 M0 Q0 X0 N0 - don't bother thinking about it unless you have won the lottery, are desperate or someone else is paying!
#742833 by Neil
14 Apr 2010, 07:41
I have just noticed that it only seems to show the S fares for PE, no W or K. I have tried a few different flights and dates and nothing showing at all, is that a bug or just the way it will show?

Neil
#742834 by honey lamb
14 Apr 2010, 07:51
Neil wrote:I have just noticed that it only seems to show the S fares for PE, no W or K. I have tried a few different flights and dates and nothing showing at all, is that a bug or just the way it will show?

Neil

I've noticed the same and checked with EF to ensure if there was availability with W and K on the dates I was checking, given that a couple of the flights were wide open
#742835 by Pete
14 Apr 2010, 08:24
The data feed I'm using doesn't appear to return W or K - which is slightly annoying, but better to have the ones it gives us than none at all. At least this data will give us a good indication of load, and then there's still ExpertFlyer for the in-depth research on codes and seat maps.
#743267 by crispin
16 Apr 2010, 17:55
I'm loving the availability feature, but it doesn't quite show up correctly in firefox - the popup box is compressed to be very small. For some reason the width specified in the inner table isn't causing the div outside it to expand in width ...

Crispin
Virgin Atlantic