#745067 by Willowx
04 May 2010, 20:26
Hi
I am no longer able to see the behind the curtain section, should I be able to? I have tried logging in/out and clearing cookies, as well as using safari, opera and firefox but the only difference I can see is the itineraries forum appearing and disappearing.
Thanks
Jamie.
#745084 by Bill S
04 May 2010, 23:04
How many icons do you have on bottom left?
If only 3 then somehow you are not logged in to both sites.
If 8 then it sounds as though its a problem for Pete.
#745086 by Bill S
04 May 2010, 23:11
I used to use that to indicate when there was a login problem - but it used to be when 8 were showing (as you have) then that's not the problem.
We may have to wait for Pete to sort it - unless HL can fix ??
#745095 by honey lamb
05 May 2010, 07:27
Bill S wrote:I used to use that to indicate when there was a login problem - but it used to be when 8 were showing (as you have) then that's not the problem.
We may have to wait for Pete to sort it - unless HL can fix ??

Why me? I'm the uber-nerd here! Oh, I remember! I had problems remaining logged in.

Just a suggestion and see if this works. Log out and then log in using the padlock at the very top right of the page. That's what seemed to work for me and kept me logged in.

If that doesn't work then Pete might have to wave his magic wand :w
#745119 by Pete
05 May 2010, 12:42
Very strange - I checked out Willowx's permissions, and had no problem getting into the 'Behind The Curtain' section. Have you done all the usual things of clearing cache, deleting cookies, etc? Have you tried logging in on another machine?
#745141 by Willowx
05 May 2010, 16:33
Hi Pete
Thanks for checking, I have tried various combinations of clearing the cache and deleting cookies both through browsers and the link at the bottom of the page. I am also unable to see the section on my iTouch (cookies and cache also cleared) and on a PC running 7 which has never seen the site before with Opera and then IE8. The only difference I see when I log in is the itineraries forum appearing and the extra icons on the bar at the bottom. Logging in from the different places available on the site makes no difference.
Jamie
#745196 by eejp1007
06 May 2010, 09:52
I have nothing down there either, only 3 icons on the bar. I was wondering why I had lost a bit of the thrill of the site.

OK, so I can access the forums now but I still only have 3 icons at the bottom, what are the extra 5?!?! I am a bit jealous now!!
#745202 by Pete
06 May 2010, 10:25
The icons on the bottom bar are controlled by your login to the main part of the site (where the community section is). The forum is a separate chunk of code, but attempts to bridge the login between the two. Sometimes you can lose your login to the main site, but still be logged into the forum (this typically happens if you've bookmarked a forum link, and bypass the homepage). Normally can be quickly rectified by a quick visit to the homepage to re-establish your login.
#750456 by flashh0
21 Jul 2010, 19:31
Hi,

I may be doing something really silly but I can't see 'behind the curtain' . I can only see the same index that I saw before I subscribed. I have 8 icons in the bottom left corner, please can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

regards
Andy
#750462 by Neil
21 Jul 2010, 21:00
flashh0 wrote:Hi,

I may be doing something really silly but I can't see 'behind the curtain' . I can only see the same index that I saw before I subscribed. I have 8 icons in the bottom left corner, please can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

The first thing to try is logging out of the site, clearing all the site cookies, and then go to the main V-Flyer home page, and log in through there. You should then be able to see the behind the curtain forums, like the clubhouse, the bar etc.

I have also sent Pete a PM to check all your settings are correct.

If you are still having problems let me know.
Neil
#750466 by Neil
21 Jul 2010, 21:43
It is just a section that contains some member only forums, you should have access. If not try what I have suggested above and if you are still having problems let us know. The key seems to be making sure you log in through the main home page first, rather than direct on the forums.

I'm on the iPhone version of the site currently so can't 100% confirm the icons, but 8 sounds about right.

Neil
#750471 by honey lamb
21 Jul 2010, 22:30
Neil wrote:It is just a section that contains some member only forums, you should have access. If not try what I have suggested above and if you are still having problems let us know. The key seems to be making sure you log in through the main home page first, rather than direct on the forums.

I'm on the iPhone version of the site currently so can't 100% confirm the icons, but 8 sounds about right.

Neil

Yup! 8 is right.

If you do as is suggested above, you should be OK. The site is playing silly beggars with me at the moment too and has knocked me off a couple of times in the last two days but I've always logged on from the main page and using the little padlock at the top with no ill effects
#750472 by flashh0
21 Jul 2010, 22:51
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your response. I have trying logging out both in firefox and explorer then loging back in using the login section on the right hand side of the main page and I get 3 icons on the bottom of the screen and no 'behind the cutain' in the forum. If I log in using the padlock at the top of main page on the right I get 8 icons but still not got extra sections on the forums. Hopefully Pete may be able to sort.

Thanks
Andy
PS sorry about delay in reponding as internet went down for some of the evening.
#750479 by Neil
22 Jul 2010, 07:31
Okay, firstly sorry about the issues.

This is now firmly in the 'one for Pete to sort' camp. I have sent him a PM about the problems and hopefully he will be able to resolve shortly.

Thanks.
Neil
Virgin Atlantic