#748290 by vizbiz
17 Jun 2010, 17:21
Having found out about the schedules/loading pages, I've just had a look at loadings for the 007 and 23 around the 10/11/12/13/14/15 July - am I reading it incorrectly or is Pre Econ and Econ just about TOTALLY sold out on each flight for all of those days? Seems a bit unlikely or is it really sold out in PE and Econ?

Ta,

viz.
#748294 by Neil
17 Jun 2010, 17:26
The data that is on the schedules pages, including the availability is from a direct feed from Virgin, so the information is very accurate.

I know the flights to the West Coast are fairly full at the start of July as I was looking for my boss last week, so the data you are looking at seems to be telling you correctly that the flights are full. Don't forget also that a lot of the cheaper fare buckets have advance purchase restrictions, so those buckets could be showing empty as they are unavailable to purchase.

Neil
#748302 by MarkedMan
17 Jun 2010, 18:23
You can even get a Z on Tuesday :)

Not unusual given time of the year, school's out, strikes are on here and there, capacity reduced overall, etc etc ... bit extreme perhaps, but LA is a popular hols and biz destination. Plus Neil is correct, at this point in time you would have fairly constrained bucket availability anyway - but the rows of zero availability on so many econ flights is remarkable.
#748346 by vizbiz
18 Jun 2010, 10:48
Couple of questions/points;

1) Is there any particular reason why there are no "W" or "K" classes shown?

2) Suggestion for added functionality for "loads" - how about the following; when I mouse-over the "load" button for any particular day/route etc, it pops up a window with the summaries in rather than having to select and open for each and every individual date - why not cache the load info when a particular route AND month are selected, and allow the user to quickly scan for availability across a range of dates, which is typically what the user is probably trying to see?

Cheers.
#748348 by Neil
18 Jun 2010, 11:18
vizbiz wrote:Couple of questions/points;

1) Is there any particular reason why there are no "W" or "K" classes shown?

Cheers.

The data feed that is used only gives us "S" class for the PE fares, which is why there are no K or W fares showing.

I can't answer point 2, one for Pete I think.

Neil
#748361 by Pete
18 Jun 2010, 13:06
vizbiz wrote:2) Suggestion for added functionality for "loads" - how about the following; when I mouse-over the "load" button for any particular day/route etc, it pops up a window with the summaries in rather than having to select and open for each and every individual date - why not cache the load info when a particular route AND month are selected, and allow the user to quickly scan for availability across a range of dates, which is typically what the user is probably trying to see?

This is because of the nature of the data has to be pulled live for each query. Load information changes minute-to-minute, so cached queries are (a) not very useful, and (b) would put the server load up on the site exponentially if it had to pre-query for every flight, for every day for the next 300-odd days on a regular basis.
#748432 by seanpep
19 Jun 2010, 11:15
Why do the feeds go dark 24 hours or so before departure? Is that when it comes offline and is transferred to the airport system?
#748434 by honey lamb
19 Jun 2010, 11:26
seanpep wrote:Why do the feeds go dark 24 hours or so before departure? Is that when it comes offline and is transferred to the airport system?

It's when OLCI opens
Virgin Atlantic